Saturday, March 4, 2023

OOPS - I Did it Again

 

A couple of days after my last post was the first of our series of snow storms, AND of course I took a fall.  I knew not to put out my hands to stop!!  But very bruised and a few broken ribs were the outcome.  So I have been a bit laid up.  SOOOOO glad I got all those quilts finished when I did.



 I'm not able to cut fabric or lift a lot of weight, but I am pulling fabric for some projects.  I have some Jelly Roll strips left overs that I will feed with my scraps for Carol's project.  March is a long month, so I have plenty of time to work slow.

I am pulling fabric for a program for the next guild meeting - can't show or explain (some guild members follow me).  Will follow up once the program is done.

We lucked out with the first two storms giving the valley just a few inches (but ice - hence the fall).  This third storm did dump on us, but it was so warm that half was melted off by the time my son came to plow and shovel.  A wet, heavy mess I couldn't handle. 

Stay safe and keep stitching,

Sewingly Yours, Sharon


10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Oh dear, try not to laugh, cough or lift or turn!!! Heal soon, and take care,XX from down in NZ

Kate said...

Broken ribs are no fun at all. Hopefully the snow is about over for the year, I'm certainly ready for spring. Rest and recover with some low key stitching.

MissPat said...

Sorry you took a fall, but the outcome could have been much worse. I'm glad you are listening to your body and taking it easy for a while. At least spring is closer now and with the time change will things are looking up.
Pat

Brenda said...

Take good care of yourself. It sounds like it isn’t much fun right now.

Kathleen said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I broke my ankle a year ago...no good excuse....just walked off the steps wrong. Look up NexGrip Boots if you get lots of ice in your area. I have a pair and really like knowing I can push the cleat out when needed. You have a good attitude and prep work (selecting fabric, etc) is a great way to spend the time. Hope you heal quickly and stay safe.

loulee said...

Oh dear. I hope you mend fast and well. Take care.

Barbara said...

Oh my…sorry about the fall. Hope it all heals fast.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, so sorry you had a fall, broken ribs are no fun! I hope you recover quickly. Take it easy! The Jelly Roll quilt along will stay on the blog, so no rush to keep up.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Ouch! Sorry about the fall. Never fun to fall on ice/snow. I hope you heal quickly.

Vireya said...

You poor thing! Hope those ribs are mending well and you will be as good as new soon.