Friday, October 21, 2022

The 4 Letter Word is Coming

 


Once these trees start loosing their leaves, you just know snow is on the horizon.  I never got a photo of them in full color as they change really quickly and then gone!  

We were in peak color last weekend and things are going into that 'dormant' stage.  We've had several night of near freezing with heavy frost so crops and flowers have died off.


 After such a long drought period, it's nice to see green.  I had several events and meetings in the Catskill Mountains during the full color stage and it was beautiful.


This was my traveling project while selling tickets for the raffle quilt, meetings, and other appointments.  This is an old tile pattern and I am using a jelly roll which I can get 5 'tiles' per strip.  If I find I need more than the strips give me, this has a lot of Grunge in it so I can fill in.  Since I won't be traveling again until Spring, I will have to really be sure to add this one on the winter months schedule to keep it going.

One last commission to complete and then I can play with my own projects.  I have a lot of gifted scrap bags not touched that I am itching to get into.

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon 

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

Seasonal changes means that time is passing...
and sometimes just too quickly...

Carol Swift said...

Your hexies are so tiny and beautiful. Gorgeous scenery!

Nancy J said...

Here, we are in spring, and SO cold this morning, frosts further south. Looks like those hexies will have a first place spot for the coming months. You are well organised, in case of snow covered roads and NO travelling.