Tuesday, April 26, 2022

April??

 


It's hard to believe that in a few days we will be flipping the calender again.  Just where did the month of April go?  My goal of working 'three' has taken a hiatis and I need to get back on the horse.  BUT, we had a few nice days after an ugly Spring Snow week.  The Daffs had come out early and the cold and snow took toll on them.


 Then we jumped to a few warm, sunny days and I opted to do some work in the flower beds.  Yes, I have early tulips as well.  All my daffs and tulips are thankful planting of squirrels and chippers.  They are in need of some seperation and new soils.


These have migrated into the lavender, so need moving.  AND the lavender needs a good clean up.



It's turning rainy and cold for a few days, so yard work will wait.  There are 5 quilts that need their binding attached and that will be on my schedule for finishing out April.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

I cannot imagine having snow on those spring bulbs. Quilts to bind, that's a lot of hand finishing for you.

Scrapatches said...

Hi, Sharon, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind word. Our spring so far has been very similar. Our blooms are a bit behind yours, though, as our tulips are in the green bud stage. I do appreciate this post about gardening. I have been out on days that were nice to get some stuff done, but I need to do more. Our bulbs have been neglected for the last few years. Lavender is new to my garden and I need to learn how to care for it. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction ... :) Pat

Barbara said...

It does seem as if this month has gone fast. I'm needing to get busy cleaning up my herb garden, but the weather just has not cooperated.