Friday, May 8, 2020

Whooping Friday


The last of the minis are finished other than the button eyes need to be sewn on.  That may be my only stitching today as I need to catch up on house work - yea, someone has to do it.


I wish there was more of that black aqua dotty fabric - there was just an inch left of the binding (sweating).


AND here is the empty old broken plastic tote.  After pulling the batiks there wasn't really much left that inspired one last project.  So that was all processed down into the scrap storage system.  They will find new life in another project at some point.


Have you developed this new skill?  I'm taking a couple of days away from stitching to concentrate on a few 'home' necessities.  Some of that is re-organizing the stash/project area with a better working list.  I've whittle down a lot of fabric.  My basics (white, off-white, muslin, black) are just about gone and as a scrap quilter, you need those to marry it all.  Black Kona has been depleted from the market since January - any black quilting fabric for that matter.  It's all making me be a little more creative, but it does add to that new skill.


An update on the 'Corona Village' - trees added and final border.  I have a rough draft of what is planned for this week (yeah, behind on that) and next week - which is the 'pause'.  I have a feeling it will be slow to open and I will work what ever comes into the addition within this piece.  (size - 24" x 25")


This is another reason for a couple days of re-org!  YES more snow for us with very cold temps.  Will it ever end?!!?

Stay Safe and Healthy,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Berkshire Tatter said...

I have always enjoyed reading your blog and knew you were "near by". I am sitting here in the Berkshires and was surprised to see us on your weather map. I wish the beginning of March had not been so nice. It has been cooler weather since then. Enjoy the snow, I will be sewing over here.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute mini quilts! SNOW in May?!?! We're having cold temps down in NC, too. Apparently, Mother Nature is suffering from Corona Brain!

Mari said...

I can't believe it's going to snow this late in May. We're going to freeze in Baltimore this weekend (literally). Good luck in the search for black Kona!

kiwikid said...

Wonder why black has been discontinued, I love black in backgrounds, especially with bright colours. Love your mini quilts, and yes forgetting is common here. Keep warm and safe.

Barbara said...

Why has all the black sold out? I hadn’t heard that. I guess I’m glad I have plenty on hand! Your kitty quilt is adorable. I love all the quilts you’re showing here.

KatieQ said...

We had some snow this morning, but it's already melting. My lilacs and saucer magnolia are annoyed at the indignity of it all. Hope things don't get too bad in your neck of the woods.
I was on Missouri Star Quilts this morning ordering some Kona and they still have black in stock (or so they claim) at 5.95 a yard. Unfortunately, it takes 10-15 day to ship yardage.

MissPat said...

We've had snow in the air the last two days, but it isn't sticking. I figured since the winter was fairly mild, it would mean spring would never arrive. Flowers ordered from the scouts were delivered today and I had to bring them all in the house. Good luck with getting organized. Not much of that has happened around here.
Pat

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are still amazing!! I've almost sewn on a border!!😂😂😂😂

loulee said...

A cat on a quilt, what a surprise. LOL Seriously they are cute little projects.
Your village is looking good with it's avenue of trees and the border treatments.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Adorable projects. You make the coolest things

Michele said...

This weather is insane. Mother Nature must be drinking to much of the crazy Koolaid. Hopefully spring will return quickly. I've got too much gardening that needs doing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The puppy in the teacup is cute. It's been a weird year, not just weather wise. I wish it would make up it's mind.