Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Scrappy Wednesday


Well I pulled that last box of scraps out.  It was gifted by a fellow Hall of Fame Inductee - Thank You Pat!.  I do remember I pulled all the yardage out of this first thing and most of that has been used up, but hasn't touched since.   A lot of things seperated by color or fabric lines and in zip lock baggies.


Scraps make me happy and if this box hold happiness, then it deserves to be played in now rather that later.  Luckily we are in one of the districts that is being allowed to re-open for Phase #1 of the NYS plan.  My start on this box is sort of a Phase 2 (1 was removing the largest pieces).  I will press and process all these bits down into my barrel system.  I actually find it very soothing to cut fabric no matter what size.  All of those happy fabrics will be used as squares in a project some where along the way.

Be There Or Be Square

AND speaking of squares, you don't want to miss the up-coming new HOP.  I used some vintage fabric and made something new for this.

Stay Safe and Healthy,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

  

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the Blog Hop! This one completely escaped me.

Carla said...

I've been using this time to do a little more organizing of the ole fabric closet and cutting up scraps to make house blocks and a french braid quilt. Wish me luck. While organizing I'm make a mess with new piles. LOL Stay safe and healthy

Cheryll said...

I'm loving playing with scraps too ATM. And I look forward to the blog hop next week...xox

sewyouquilt2 said...

I have a few scrap quilts going on.they are my favorite type. Cant wait to see the hop. I too had no idea of it.thanks for sharing