I showed the Basket Blocks from grandma's treasures before - one of the commission pieces. These were all a tad bit different in size and I trimmed enough to keep points and to get them at least square. Then I put a sashing around each and trimmed them all to the same 12.5" unfinished size block.
This gave a 'squared' quilt to work on. The little bits of differences are not that noticeable. This was the first quilt I worked on and it has sat for the end mainly: 1. I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt this and 2. the muslin I ordered (12 yards) was used up with the first three quilts - so not 12 yards! Honestly two quilts 68" square and one 72" x 82" and I only use an extra 2" each side when laying out for home machine quilting ( my thrifty side). Please, my math is not off. I will figure on the high side and say I used 7 yards, but there was just about 10" x WOF (90") left. I am very disappointed and yes, I let them know.
My two banquet tables side by side - 72" square is a little hard to fit in a photo - no, I don't climb ladders for pictures. It's been decided to do a very open all over quilting as some of the basket fabrics are a little fragile.
The sun is shining, most of the snow has melted off, and I have my Monday planned,