Wednesday, February 13, 2019

OMG Snowed In


We are on the edge of the storm moving out now.  We got what was predicted - 9" plus with winds and then turning to sleet/ice.  Schools were closed yesterday and opening late today.  

Since I am snowed in, I'm using the time to work my OMG project.  Lots of sashing and then two borders.  AND when I laid this all out, one block short!  How?  I usually make more than needed just to be sure or to swap out to get a good mix.  I have all my white cut and left over long gone - Kona Snow which is no longer on the shelf.  So I'm hoping there is enough left over to squeeze one more block.  OR one block can be a creative label to fill the space.

Stay warm and safe,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Good grief...that sounds miserable. Good day to stay in and finish your goal.

Needled Mom said...

Oh no! I think a label would be perfect if you can't did up enough Snow...or even a single block with a background variation. Unique!

Calicojoan said...

Good way to make use of snowed in time. I hope that nasty storm is gone and you can resume to some kind of normal weather wise soon!

Nancy J said...

Looks like you will be inside for some time, hope you can fill that one block space easily.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Oh no. Too much of one kind of snow and not enough of another
Hope you can get one block to finish. It is a pretty quilt

kiwikid said...

I can not imagine that much snow!! Hope you find the fabric you need, the blokcs look wonderful.

Kate said...

Hope you've been able to dig out some since mid-week. We got ice yesterday and it's going to be wicked cold the rest of the weekend. Hope you found your missing block or enough fabric to make that last block. Happy stitching this weekend.

Sarah Craig said...

If you need some Kona Snow (not the other kind!) let me know and I'll drop a bit in the mail to you - I always have it on hand!