Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday Making


I spent most of the day making this one block.  Luna for the Harry Potter QAL was a real stickler and there were errors, ribbiting, and some colorful lanquage.  I had to look this character up as I am not very familiar with all of the HP stories; I wanted to be sure I had colors correct.



I have been playing in so many scraps that I decided to treat myself to something brand new.  This is 'Arcadian Dusk' from Connecting Threads and ain't she pretty?  This is for Barbara Brackman's Queen Victoria's Children QAL.  There are six blocks already released. but there is plenty of time to catch up, especially with expecting to be snowed in all week.

Stay safe and warm folks,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Ulrikes Smaating said...

hej sharon,
I love your Luna Block, she is very pretty :-)great fabrics... greeetings from denmark, ulrike :-)

Nancy J said...

those fabrics are beautiful together, almost dusky and so gentle. nothing glaring, all soft and wonderful.

Ellie said...

Luna is great! Those new fabrics are really nice, perfect for that project.

Barbara said...

I’m not familiar with the HP stories either, but your block looks great. Love those fabrics. Now I’m looking forward to seeing what you make with them.

chrisknits said...

I'd say your Luna is perfect! And oh my, those fabrics!! Off to CT to see what's left in that line.

kiwikid said...

Well done on your Luna block, it looks great. Beautiful range of fabric to play with.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love Luna's spectospecks. I'm re-reading the series again.

Needled Mom said...

Love your block! Very clever. Those fabrics are also fabulous - such great colors!