Monday, December 3, 2018
I pulled out my two totes of collected juvenile prints, wanting to work them down into just one tote of course. In April our guild collects quilts for Catholic Charities to add to the Easter boxes for community families, so I have a goal. This is the perfect example as not to sew late into the night tired and with a very fat cat in the mix. How I didn't catch this when pressing rows? Do you see them? Not one, but four 4-patches going the wrong way. An easy fix, but who doesn't hate having to un-sew when you think you've tackled a hurdle. It will have three borders added to bring up to size. Yeah, borders - but I have until April.
A lot of bits of these rascals are going into a 'boxed' quilt. Staying with the kitties' colors of creams, light browns, and black as well as I am throwing a few 'full' size print blocks with the boxed ones for a bit of fun - and cuteness.
And would you believe I have never made an I Spy quilt? I don't get many of the 'picture' scraps nor do I buy them, but now there is enough collected to jump into this project. I am just using a variation of the Economy Block - 3.5" center with two 3.5" squares cut on diagonal for the corners. That makes them float a little and you don't have to worry about losing those corners. It really is just me making it 'brainless' mathing. They are 5" unfinished so will be 4.5" finished in the quilt - I may use a skinny sashing. I cut 100 center squares and have a pile of twosies for corners, so this project is on it's way.
A plus - three charity quilts for the community and I did put all the extra fabrics away in ONE tote.
As I sew thru the next few days, I need to think about my goals for the New Year and my focus word. There are a lot of UFOs, to be quilted, and dream projects - then those pesky squirrels. Some new classes on new techniques are being offered thru not only my own guild, but some other's close by - I'd like to expand and play. I am sure the year will be filled with projects.