Saturday, February 17, 2018
The problem child Anvil Block got finished, blocks corrected in the layout so they all faced the same way, and sashed. I went right to work getting this one DONE. I used up some 'stray' light grey JR strips for the inner sashing and the inner border was just enough of 'stray' white JR strips. The little bit of those was chopped up into my barrel system.
The tropical print was something that come home with me when our guild had their 'stash swap' night. It's not something I would buy or use, but it worked with this quilt for the outer border. AND I hate borders and this is probably the widest border (9.5") I have ever put on a quilt. BUT, it was to use that print up. Cutting the length of the good size yardage of this made it so I didn't have to match/piece the strips. I had just a 2.5" strip left from the cutting and the small bit that was trimmed to length of border. Those were cut down into my barrel system, too.
Now it is in the 'to-be-quilted' pile; which is growing.
This quilt full-fills the color purple for RSC18, the Pantone Color of the Year quilt, and the block pulled for my Scrap Attack project.