Monday, August 21, 2017

Monday Making


I went  MIA for a bit as I had a guest and other company.  My daughter needing quiet and workable space to complete a test and finals heading into her disertation going into her PHD - hard to do at a house with three very noisy and needy small children.  And then my youngest son and GF stopped in and my frame/machine, furnishing and othe items got moved and set up so progress can be made in setting up my long arm and moving all sewing upstairs into it's own room.

   
Since I knew I wouldn't be able to run my sewing machine for 'quiet time', I took advantage of catching up with long over-due hand stitching.  I finished the Yankee Diary block.  The small heart was suppose to have a cut out, too - BUT after tackling the one in the big heart I said "NO WAY".  The light blue is suppose to be a hand - will accent the fingers with stitches  after quilting.


And this Yankee Diary block needed the flag added.  I had held off on this one as it bothered me to put the flag backwards and then I felt it was off-balance with the block.  The flag was too big, so I trimmed it down and got her done.


I got a lot done on Earlene of the FQ Ladies Club.  I hope to finish her up tonight so she can be into her mini quilt by the end of the month.



At one point I had some time alone in the house and quickly powered thru the next block - Rolling Nines - for the Patchwork Sampler (button on sidebar).  I think it takes longer to cut the fabric than to sew these little blocks up.


So today I have things back to normal - Bella is so happy; she was very stressed with the change of the norm of the household.  I will quickly make the new Marvelous Mini with Temecula Quilt Co. with my Civil War scraps.  Then I am dumping those colorful prints, panel bits, scraps - I need to make my donation to our quilt guild's Sumer charity  project.  We are making book totes for donation to the local Library.  Mostly for the kids to encourage reading, but some are making for the seniors, too.


And today starts the voting for Pets on Quilts - be sure to go vote for your favorites as there are so many wonderful pets and quilts.

I will catch up on all my past blog reads and comments later today - missed all you creative peeps! 


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Pattilou said...

You always have an abundance of starts and finishes!

Debbie said...

Glad you got the machine set up...you will love it I know. Love the hearts and hand:)

Lucy said...

sharon When you made Block 12 Log cabin did it measure 2 inches before borders?

Lucy said...

I don't know your email address.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your projects and your rolling nines are adorable. you inspire me to get out my scraps and get moving!

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow, good luck to your daughter, I can't imagine having the brain strength while raising three children, she's lucky to have you. Everything looks good but I'm fascinated with that rolling nine, can you lay them together and take a picture? I'd love to see how they play off of each other.

Sarah said...

Good luck to your daughters dissertation!! Love those rolling 9patches - they would be a fantastic leader ender. Glad to hear the long arm has finally moved upstairs. Good luck setting up your new quilting room!