I could save all these for the RSC16, but I wanted to use them up. So a stack of green 9-patches were made.
Along with some red ones. I did set aside some red scraps to go with another leader/ender project.
There weren't a lot of grey strips, but enough to make up a few tiny log cabin blocks.
Some green ones, too.
And of course - the reds.......
I found this wadded up in one bag. I think my aunt may have started to make this as a border and then gave up on it. I recognize a few fabrics that I had given her. What to do with it? The blades are made using a template and hand cut out and not all equal. And some are not cottons.
Well, I carefully took it apart and scrapped the white - yes, I can throw out fabric. And the non-cottons went into the trash, too. I used one of the blades to make a cardstock template and cut some new ones from fabric out of that other baggy. It's a start. And yes, someone gifted me some cut-off triangles in a little baggy - a leader/ender project. And you can see some of my little blue containers in the back - a few different leader/enders at hand.
** linking up with Oh,Scrap **
And today there is a guest blogger with the most terrific 'recycle' quilt tutorial - I know I want to try this one myself.