It's hard to believe that the month is nearly over, but what a great May it has been. Unplugging replenished self - we can walk away from all that technology. Lots of walks, more time outdoors, little day trips, and a wonderful visit with the grands. And time spent with my daughter, who I could hug along with that new grand to-be - it's a girl! I have time to do some shopping for girly fabrics, so use to that boy and manly quilting.
Still de-junking and trying to down size inventory in the shop with a two month sale. Remember these little goodies? Well......
I've gotten this far with them, and seeing the photo - I need to fix that middle row. So not a border person, but this will have a black border and then a red border (black binding). I have enough of the gray (sashing) with a pieced off-set strip (use up those few left overs) for the back.
Micro-Wave Chocolate Cup Cake For One
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps. (you could mix in the mug, but this gives you more room and who doesn't like to like a bowl)
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. (recommend at least a 14-ounce mug as you want enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over.)
- Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down into the batter.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (wattage of your microwave may require adjustment-mines high wattage)
- Carefully remove from microwave (that cup is HOT) and enjoy!
Option - omit spread or try other flavors - peanut butter, biscotti, vanilla, almond, etc...
I want to thank all of you who helped me enjoy my May For Me this year. And remember take time to unplug once in a while, do something for yourself, and enjoy those little moments.
The winner of the 'Oh, Pinwheels' kit is #13 - of all my give aways using Random (wish I knew how to get that widget to post) I have never had 13 come up - so lucky 13 is:
I will be contacting for mailing information.