I just got the box Thursday afternoon and I hate for them to sit, so I immediately emptied out the box to photo all the goodies that were inside.
This is what I took from the stash. A lot of the bits of fabric (about 1yd), the little purple floral will go with a project in progress(1yd), I collect Ro Gregg (1/2 yd), the Moda 'Pieces From the Heart ' will make a great pillowcase for the 'Remember our Service Men/Women' project (side bar button), the Alexander Henry 'Farm Collection' I pulled for one of our students who loves cow and farm fabrics (1yd), Marcus Brother stripe is just perfect for backing of my one Jelly Roll quilt (3 3/4yds), the puppy kit for a friend, pattern will be great for scrap busting, floss and deco thread, and oh, so love the chop stix - great for turning and pocking corners -holding when ironing small stuff, etc.... and just broke my last one.
Yes, I need to replace a lot of fabric! For the Batik lovers some FQ size to 1/2 yd to 1yd to 2 yd, some Brannock & Patak, Disney print, Connecting Threads - FQ to 1 yd , two Debby Mum 1yd ea.,,some Aunt Gracie and Moda, and there needed to be some juvinile in this box so an Elizabeth's Studio 'Baby Talk' (1yd) with four FQ's, and four mini quilt patterns.
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
I will leave the comments open until Wednesday, September 12th midnight (est) and announce the winner immediately after. Every effort will be made to send the winner a personal e-mail for mailing information so be sure you are not a 'no reply' or anon (I block anons).
Oooh, you added some great stuff! I'll throw my hat in the ring!!!
Do you know, I have not thought about traveling stash in ages...but today I did think about it and I was going to come visit your page and see what was what. How timely was that?! Count me in, please! I'll never give up trying! LOL! Thanks, Sharon. :)
Oh, this box looks awesome!! I would love to have it come visit me!! I would definitely play by the rules and have a fast turn around :-)
Hi Sharon…I would love to have a go with another Stash Box.
This looks like fun Sharon. Throw my name into the hat PLEASE!
Fun box! I would like to add some goodies to it :)
Oh what fun, count me in!
Love the Batiks! You added some great fabrics.
Sharon: What a great box, I hope I did not miss out on the this traveling stash. Great fabric.
I've never had the traveling stash! I'd love the opportunity to play!!
Love the batiks you added! Put me down for a chance please. Thanks! :)
Please include me for this box! I love batiks and those look so yummy!
Add me to the list please! I'd love to win this! Thank you! :0)
Oh Sharon, I do love this traveling stash box! Pick me, pick me! Please and Thank you :)
Oh yes, please count me in.... Thanks
Count me in please!
I would love to have one of these come across my door step again.
I have been away from the blogging world for a couple months now and the rule list for this has gotten longer- but better/ clearer rules.
Oh love Batiks please add me
enter me please! Thank you!!
It would be so fun to go through this wonderful box!
I know this is closed - It makes me think of Indian giver. Since I moved to Oklahoma, I have gotten to know a little about some of the Native American customs - not much, but a little. When I was growing up, I thought an Indian giver was a bad thing. One of my bosses is largely Cherokee and he told me about many of there customs as I was studying about one in particular for one of my doctoral classes. He read my paper and was amazed how much I had uncovered and knew about that particular subject. In discussion we started taling about other customs, one of which is that of Indian giver. In the true Native American custom, it is customary for the Native to give a gift and if the recipient cannot or will not make use of the gift, the donor takes the gift back so that (s)he can find someone who will make use of the item. This makes me think of this stash box. If you cannot use an item, you don't just take it because you'd like to have it or if you do, you at least replace it with something of equal or greater value. This keeps the blessing(s) going forward. So, to be an Indian giver keeps to ensure that an item will be utilized and appreciated. It's a good thing! Just as this forward stashing! May God richly bless your endeavors!
Post a Comment