Sunday, May 6, 2012

Summer Time Adventures - Week 1


Have you been following the wonderful little, quick projects for Summertime Adventures with Clover & Violet? Two tutorials a week will be offered. The first week was sewing kits with wonderful inspiration.


And how wonderful that Kaaren of The Painted Quilt came out with May's First Friday Freebie that was a lovely sewing kit. I had some luscious Joel Dewberry 'Aviary 2' (thank you Annie). This little 'stack and slash - crazy quilt' method for the front was fun to do. And rather than use the embroidery, I fussy cut the bottom pocket to showcase the cute little bird - which has a medium and large pocket and small one to hold a pencil or your seam ripper. I added a needle keep and a snap closure little pocket. A Tie to hold my snips in place. And can be rolled or folded up and ribbon tie. This is going in my Christmas box - I have someone in mind who would love this.

I look forward to week 2 tutorials and little projects to add to my Christmas box. Won't you take a peek?

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Lesley said...

What lovely projects! Love how you fussy cut the bird in the needle case. Your Christmas box must be getting full by now!

Cheryll said...

Just LoVe the fabric colours in this one... so pretty! Well done Sharon! :)

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful sewing project its gorgeous,well done Sharon.xx

Miki Willa said...

This is a great little project. I love the little bird fussy cut. What fun!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Look at you go!....grin. Love the fabric choices as well.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

nice project...of course...the colors are beee-YOU-tee-FULL. =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

hafza said...

I love the color of your fabric...beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the link to Kaaren's blog.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute little case you made. Someone will be very happy next Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love the sewing kit~ Love the purple and the crazy cutting ♥♥♥