Wednesday, April 24, 2024

April Showers

 


 I would like to thank  JOAN for being the hostess of this month's HOP.  She give us a pretty big window to create our own piece.  Baby shower, wedding, rain,  etc......

April here has been pretty much RAIN and more RAIN.  Like when it rains, it pours!  Which leads me to.................


                 

The little Morton Salt Girl.  I immediately thought of her and then a light bulb moment - I used her for another April Shower Blog Hop in 2018 (had to really search  this one),



 She became a mug rug for a swap.  It was hard to let her go.

But we need something NEW which brought to a fun pattern that I've done several times as it is a great scrap eater.



The Chandelier Block or Cascading Beads Block.  There are a number of free patterns, torials, and UTubes on this pattern.    It certainly looks like rain drops to me OR the drippity drip drops that fall from a roof in such a pattern.

It can look so differnt in pastels for baby quilts, or bright solid colors for a teen.  Colors of a new homeowner's living room for the perfect Welcome quilt. 


OR change the color back ground.  I like to make the dramatic change with black.

Thank You for visiting and be sure to stop by today's other hosts:


14 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

Love your Chandelier quilt! And yes, it does remind me of rain ...
Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

The Morton Salt girl is really sweet. That one would be hard to part with. Your chandelier quilts are really pretty. That black background really does raise the drama.

Calicojoan said...

I have saved a picture of that Morton Salt girl for years, waiting for some inspiration on what to do with her. I love your mugrug. Your Chandelier quilts are beautiful. I love using a black background on my quilts. I hate picking things out on a black background though. HAHAHA

Carol said...

Cute quilts and the salt girl mug rug is adorable! I never thought of the Chandelier quilt as being a good scrappy quilt, but it certainly could be. Thanks for sharing!

Carol Swift said...

Ooooo, I love the Chandelier quilt! I've been wanting to make one for a long time, but it keeps ending up at the bottom of the list. Seeing it in dark and light backgrounds gives it a whole different look. Sweet salt girl, too! Thanks for sharing, Sharon!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the Morton Salt girl mug rug!~ The Chandelier quilt is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!

Moira said...

Love the quilts!

Danice G said...

Both Chandelier quilts are pretty. The Morton Salt girl on the mug mat is nice also. I remember that logo so well.

Barbara said...

I love your Morton Salt Girl! I would have had a hard time letting her go too.

LJ said...

I thought the quilts were outstanding; I like the black one the best. Your mug rug was so inspiring. It's no wonder that you hated to see it go to someone else. Perhaps, you should make another and keep it for yourself.

Sharon said...

Isn't it great how just changing the colorway alters the quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love your Morton salt girl!! Love both the cascading beads quilts. The black background really makes the colors pop! Thanks for sharing.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your mug rug and the quilts! So pretty! xx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Ooh this is so cute! Love the idea of using the Morton girl! Those cascades do look like raindrops! Great idea! Love that you used two different background colors.