Saturday, June 5, 2021

Still Here

 


I am still here, just a little negligent of the blog.  I am having difficulties with the new blogger 'mess' and find a lot of my responses on other's posts are bouncing.

I did get the Hobo Train quilt assembled and finally got out today to photo.  We had a cold, rainy few days and finally some warmth and sunshine.  It was breezy and I had to really tack this down so it wouldn't blow away.


Of course a waiving quilt invites the curious.  Moe had a grand time dashing in and out a blowing length of fabric.  My white floral garden is in bloom right now and I should have taken some close ups of the roses.  Oh, they are just so abundant and fragrant this year.


Some more 'found' blocks went into a flimsy, however one section just bugged me.  I must have pick things up out of order and found those two dark brown 'brick and stone' against each other.  Normally I wouldn't care, but being a very dark color it just stuck out so badly.  Luckily this was the last row and last three blocks so quick 'unsewing' was done and I moved those last three around and will repair tomorrow.


    I taught a class last weekend on Ricky Timm's "Convergence" technique'.  Hopefully we'll see the quilted finishes at the next guild meeting.


And mark your calendar for the next Hop.  Everything I think of is actually a Nursery Rhymn and I am searching for the right Fairy Tale for my project.  

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

I have found that kitties love all quilts--those that blow in the wind and those that lay flat on the floor

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You've been really productive, nice finishes!!

KatieQ said...

The Hobo quilt turned out great. I like the pieced homespun border. I haven't tried the convergence technique. I look forward to seeing the results from your class.

MissPat said...

Glad to hear you're plugging away. Back to the heat, so sitting around is the game of the day. And I bet you got more rain. We got a tenth of an inch, didn't even wash the pollen off the cars.
Pat

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice quilts.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, your comments and one other's comments never come to me as emails. I just check my blog regularly to see if either of you have left a comment, then cut and paste the comments into an email. I don't know why your comments don't come thru like normal. Hopefully you can figure it out.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Janice said...

I thought I recognised the quilt from the Hobo book. I’ve had the book forages, but still haven’t made a quilt for my hubby. Your quilt looks great in the plaids and piers border.