Thursday, June 4, 2020

OMG - June 2020


The OMG has been great motivation to either move a project on to it's next step or to completely finish something.  I started with the move it on, but now I have a big stack of to be finished.


This is one of my 'oldies' that was way in the bottom of the bin.  I made several quilts and minatures using the 'Crazy for Red' line.  I had a lot of the browns and dark reds left and used this to finish up the lights in a very simple pattern.

I hand quilted a number of the miniatures in a Baptist Fan so this large quilt I am going to attempt the BF by machine.  And I wisely saved a large piece of red for the binding (pinned to it)


I had a large piece of Extra Wide backing of this pretty creamy Toile.  We have a stretch of nice weather (for a change) and I have plans to take a few outings with out new phasing in the area.  The next stormy, rainy stretch will see this quilt under the needle.

Please be sure to visit the LINK-UP - Oh, there are a lot of great projects being worked on!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

The backing is delicate and so pretty. Oranges, bright and so pretty, I don't have much of that shade anywhere here, I did find some gold and yellow to choose from for a quilt to be made " sometime" in the future.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt, enjoy that sunshine.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the reds!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your quilt. So pretty

Patty said...

Happy quilting. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

QuiltGranma said...

Love that toile! Glad to get some things done.