Friday, May 25, 2018

Back in the Saddle


It feels good to get back into the sewing gear!  It took a while to gather what project was where and at what stage.  First I want to catch up on the Temecula Quilt Co project.  There were a few blocks I wasn't happy to place in this piece, so I am making a few log cabin blocks that I can replace those with.  Hey, when it's your quilt you do what makes you happy.


Then a few more of these 4-patch on point blocks will get made.  I need to make more of the little 4-patch blocks for variety in the mix.  Extras will always get used some where down the line.


I've been using these little cut-offs as leader/enders.  I have a pile that needs a finger press and squaring up before I start getting too far ahead of myself here.


Before I got that machine humming again, I made sure to catch up on my temperature rosettes.

64 - 60 - 54 - 47 - 58 - 64 - 70
and
70 - 72 - 63 - 52 - 72 - 66 - 62


Please visit the remainder of the Hop

May 24


May 25 


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Boy isn’t that the truth...getting back in the sewing saddle is such a relief when you’ve been away and busy. Looks like a fun sewing day.

Sarah Craig said...

Isn't it wonderful when you go back to sewing after a break? It makes it all the sweeter....

Vireya said...

Nice to see you caught up with your weather rosettes. Pretty greens!

Kate said...

It's such a good feeling to get back to the sewing room after being absent for a bit. But there is that moment of "where was I", before you dive back in. Hope you've been able to get caught up on your projects a bit.

Michele said...

Finding sewing time is always a good thing.