Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Festival of Quilts - Part Two

The Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame consists of 11 guilds in the 5 counties of the Catskill region.  This show was open to any member of the 11 guilds, special exhibit of the inductees years 2013 and 2015, and the special memorial exhibit. 









This Feathered Star was made by our Guild inductee - Betsy McComber.  That is a standard plaque size frame (her induction photo) so that gives you the idea of how small these were - and she quilted this herself.


This was our other Guild inductee - Betty Pillsbury - who also was featured with her first book and book signing.


And sweet Debra Steup (whom I bought the used frame from) was an inductee - her show piece.  Those are the tiniest yo-yos I have ever seen!  Not only on the little dresdans, but in the curved border, too.  Debra had a special exhibit set up of her 'Broken Mother' quilt for the 9/11 exhibit - her piece was chosen as a permanent display in the memorial. (the glare on the glass just wouldn't let me photo them)






I had more photos, but such poor quality.  Hope you enjoyed the diversity of these wonderful quilters.  And I was happy that I got to meet several of them, too.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of talented quilters in your area. Thanks for sharing the visual feast.

Sheila said...

Incredible talent , I really enjoyed seeing these gorgeous quilts !

Denise :) said...

Wow, as I scrolled through, I kept seeing quilts that I wanted to comment on! LOL! That first quilt with the light quilting on the black background is gorgeous. The one with the farm animals caught my eye, too. So did the hearts quilt. Gosh, I just love quilts and quilters!! Thanks for sharing the goodness! :)

Barbara said...

You have a talented group of quilters in your area. I had to look twice at the farm quilt. It's similar to the one I'm starting, but not the same.

Needled Mom said...

Wonderful quilts. Of course that Feathered Star caught my attention first. I loved the animal one too.

Susie said...

They are all wonderful quilts but my favourite is Down on the Farm. I am always amazed how quilters can make pictures out of fabric. Thanks for sharing the show with us. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Susie x

Quilting Tangent said...

Can you let me know what guides are in Sullivan County,NY. 24Tangent@gmail.com

Julie Fukuda said...

Love the variety of styles and patterns. Must have been a fun show.

Sarah said...

I think my fave was the feathered stars - they have been on my bucket list for too many years...