Friday, November 28, 2014

NewFO - November 2014

2014 NewFO Challenge

I just love it when I can start something new and to have someone tell you can with no stress about it - even better, thank you Barbara


My official NewFO was this sweet pattern/kit.  I have been using it for my Slow Stitching Sunday project,too - we all need some slow down time.  I hope to continue stitching with some slow time, while watching Holiday movie time, and just to breath time during December.

Never too hot to Stitch!

And I have enjoyed following along with Lynne with an opportunity to again start Something New as well as finish up Something Old.


For my Something New, playing with the Sew Sweet Simplicity QAL.


For my Something Old I did get both halves of the Lozenges flimsy together, even added another two rows as I felt it wasn't long enough.  But our weather has been so bad I did not get a picture of the full flimsy and it is now tucked away for a 2015 quilting.  Yes, I decided not to add borders to this one - for now.

VroomansQuilts

Although I don't own a lot of books, magazines, etc... - I to have enough to really go thru and use them.  They have been tucked on the shelf too long - too many things catch my eye on the inter-net.


I used my chosen pattern for inspiration and made my own version on a smaller scale.


I completed the Monthly Simple Small Project - a cute pattern for a drawstring bag. Used up some of those leftover candy charms


I participated for the month of November in the Make it Handmade Christmas Challenge - a few plastic bag holders which used up some left over charms.


 Was delighted to get the Row quilt into a flimsy, but this won't get quilted until next year.


And the Charming Star became a flimsy - this one just might jump under the machine in December.


I had fun participating in the Little Letters QAL with Temecula Quilt Company.  This needs a couple of borders to complete the flimsy stage and will go on the 2015 to-be-quilted pile.


And I completed the Cascadia mini quilt - this is just so me!

Of, course I have played with various scrap projects in the works which you may see next month or next year - I am in no hurry to finish those, they are just for fun.

I hope everyone found some time to have fun with their quilting in November.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

23 comments:

Lynne said...

So many great projects -- I think I want to be like you when I get over the scrap sorting!

sewyouquilt2 said...

great projects. I always love seeing what you make

Debbie said...

I always enjoy your variety of projects..and you continue to amaze me by how much you get done. I love the mini crooked house...just precious!

Michele said...

You've sure been busy as always but our cold weather definitely makes for plenty of time for staying inside.

Kate said...

Wow, you've really been prolific this last month. Your letters quilt turned out beautifully, so did Cascadia. Enjoy your slow stitching time this next month.

Dana Gaffney said...

I love every one of the quilts and that embroidery is adorable, you and Barbara both make me think about finding time for hand stitching.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness what a great post... so many lovelies to enjoy! You are amazing!

Barbara said...

My goodness...that cold weather has made you very productive. Cute stuff here.

Needled Mom said...

You have really been productive! Your little letters turned out so cute. Wonderful work, Sharon.

Teresa in Music City said...

I just love seeing your end-of-the-month galleries each month Sharon! Always so many mouth-watering projects and great variety. That Lozenge quilt is a favorite!!!

KaHolly said...

Wow! You really accomplished a lot!! And all delightful!

Julianne said...

Sharon, I just love all your projects, especially the scrappy mini quilt! The doll quilt that you made me when we were partners is still my favorite, I look at it everyday as it hangs right next to my 301A while I sew! Merry Christmas to you!

Sarah Craig said...

Lots of pretty things going on at your place, as usual - but I love that redwork piece! It would look so cute in the girls' bedroom - I may have to break down and do some slow stitching!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Once again, you've been a busy lady. Lots of pretty projects.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Miss Busy Bee is at it again. Everything looks wonderful! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

quiltzyx said...

So many wonderful projects this time! Your button tree stitchery is quite lovely - great NewFO start!

Wilma Lee said...

Wonderful projects!!! You have been as busy as me, lol.

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely projects! That little embroidery pattern is so sweet.

Cath said...

Gosh, you have been very busy Sharon. Lots of eyecandy there. I always slow down at this time of year as it gets too hot to do too much quilting in my part of the world.

Quiltsmiles said...

You always inspire me. What lovely projects you've done and so many too, great going.
Jane

Heidi said...

Your Cascadia finish is a beauty! I also followed the QAL, and Sew Sweetness too:-)

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your Cascadia quilt and sewing along!

Anonymous said...

Love your version of the Cascadia mystery mini!