Monday, April 7, 2014

Boxes


Some time ago I shared the back of a quilt that I was testing the pattern for.  Well, the quilt is now public and released, so I can flip it over to share.


This is 'Boxes' by Bea Lee at BeaQuilter.  This is what I call a weekend quilt or for you speedsters - make it in a day - really!


Three fabrics - easy to read instructions - and play with that layout.  Would make for a fun 'sit-n-sew' group project.


I used a black with scattered multi-color bones, cheddar that has tiny black paws (really), and Kona white.  The back is a super sized box block and then improved with what variety of doggie theme prints I had.  Longarm quilted by Ron Lower with a panto of bones, paws, 'woof', and 'bark' - love it!!

And hop over to BEA'S as she is having a give away for the pattern - actually she will be picking three winners!!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon   

18 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

How darling Sharon! And the pattern looks like a fun one to do. Would be great for a tween/teen-ager in fun prints :) Love the bones fabrics especially!

Sheila said...

This pattern looks like fun. What fun fabric you chose, too. Great job!

The Slow Quilter said...

Love the pattern and the quilt, even the back should have a pattern. Great Job.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love both sides Sharon.

Sue Daurio said...

Oh front and back that is a wonderful quilt. I'm heading over to Bea's right now! Love it.

Joanna said...

Looks great. It's a nice design and right in with the modern trend. Thanks for the link.

Vicki in MN said...

I saw your quilt on Bea's blog this morning, it is gorgeous!

Karen said...

Very pretty. I love the fabrics you used.

Joanne said...

Very nice! Great colours together. It would make a great guy quilt.

Sheila said...

Wow that is a great quilt , I just love the Colors , I love the back almost as much as the front !

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I remember seeing the back and loving it, now the front. Looks wonderful. Great choice of colors. Looks like a fun pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love this Sharon and also the colours you have used,well done.xx

Createology said...

Nicely done! Creative Quilting Bliss...

Pattilou said...

What a wonderful quilt. I've eyed that cheddar color for quite sometime--this would make a great quilt for me to try it on. So it's on my list now! Love the backing too. I see the grass peeking through in the background, hoping for more sunshine for you!

Needled Mom said...

I love how graphic the design looks using the fabrics you used.

Denise :) said...

How fun this is!! You done good -- and I love the colors, too!! :)

Kate said...

Fun quilt. The colors are very eye catching, love the black and cheddar combo.

Michele said...

Really awesome and I love the colors that you used.