Friday, December 20, 2019

Whooping Friday


I have to put a 'Whoop' out for my quilt guild.  This is the huge pile of pillow cases they made for donation to the Community Services Christmas family boxes.  I am so proud of this group of quilters and the community work they do.  We have a collection for placemats for the community Meals on WHeels coming up and then a quilt drive in April for the Easter boxes that go out to families.

I am planning for some of the NEW activities for 2020.  You may have noticed the side bar is getting updated as things get announced.


I do love to participate in Hops and will continue so in the new year.  I've pulled fabrics for this and have a pattern planned with tutorial.


I don't use a lot of red - mostly as a little pop of surprise color in a project from time to time.  That's what I like about hops, they help to keep the creative juices flowing and sometimes make you think outside the box.  I do have a piece of red fabric that has been sitting on the shelf that is reaching my 2 year plan.  Yes,  it needs to be used in two years are it gets passed on - I don't hoard fabric, I use it or share it.

 Share the Silly

I can't wait to see what Joan has cooked up with this new venture.  I love whims and look forward to some fun play with this.

No photo description available.

I have three local shows in 2020.  Our guild is one of the member host quilds for the Empire Quiltfest.  It is the 10th anniversary, so I need to make a piece for the challenge - Diamonds and Daffodils.  This one is the first weekend in April.  Then we have the combined quilt/flower show at the local library in May.  Last is the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame show in the September.  I've volunteered to travel the Raffle Quilt for ticket sales, so I will be on the road a lot.

We are experiencing a cold snap - yesterday was bitter with winds making it minus 15 degrees.  Needless to say - I didn't venture out.  So a bit of humor during this cold:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Hi Sharon--I hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday Season this year--I want to thank you for giving us such a lovely series of blog posts throughout this past year...hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got lots of fun new projects to plan for next year. Stay warm!

tink's mom said...

Poor Frosty :-}
You are one very busy/productive lady. You and your quilt buddies are so wonderfully generous with your time and productivity. Keep up the great work for all of those you help. Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

KatieQ said...

It sounds like you are going to be super busy. It was so icy here on Wednesday that there was a mourning dove on our deck railing with an ice covered tail. He saw me at the window and flew off before I could get a picture.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What wonderful and caring quilters in your group!

MissPat said...

It's so nice to see all the community projects your guild is involved in. Our small informal group has no interest in such things although a few members, including myself, do projects on their own. You'll have a very busy year traveling with the raffle quilt, but I have no doubt you'll still be as productive as ever. We went from 8 degrees last night at 10 PM to 29 degrees at 10 AM this morning so the deep freeze is letting up a little.
Pat