Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Scrappy Wenesday


Happily the Tiny Tree QAL with Temecula Quilt Co project has been completed.  This will probably be the last finish for the year ans I need to clear up the creative space to get ready for the Season.


These are made by my SIL - a quick scrap project for a quick gift.


A corner 'hand' pocket pot holder - you can make or buy (she makes these), some kitchen utensils, and ribbon.

  
Add utensils to pocket, fold corners back under and tie with ribbon.


And I bought myself a Christmas present - a wool pressing matt.  I use a wool backed pad on my big ironing board, but this is for my little portable table.  I can set this up next to my work station with my small travel iron to press all those tiny, scrappy blocks for my first 2020 project.

Remember to treat yourself this season - you deserve it!
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

I have one of those wool mats too, not used yet, and two more for gifts. Love the little utensil holders.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your tiny tree came out awesome too. I have been seeing all of the tiny trees and they are each so gorgeous. Love the hand pocket pot holder.

Barbara said...

Your Tiny Tree turned out great. I recently bought one of those wool pressing mats too. I really like it. It’ll make a great ironing board when we’re traveling, but I’m using it at home over the top of my larger ironing board. Really helps getting a nice flat fold when you’re sewing little blocks together. Between that and my clapper, everything is flat, flat, flat.

KatieQ said...

I love the tiny tree. I saved all of the steps. Hopefully, I will get over my fear of tiny pieces and make it in time for next year. Your sister-in-law's idea is wonderful. It's perfect for when you just need something small to give. I keep looking at wool pressing mats, but haven't given in yet. Tomorrow is my birthday, I may give myself a treat a buy one. The ice here is terrible. I shouldn't complain, it's probably a lot worse in your neck of the woods.

MissPat said...

Lots of tiny trees popping up everywhere. The tiny Tuesday blocks were small enough for me. I have a wool pressing mat on my Christmas list, but if I don't get it, I'll buy in for myself. There are so many different brands now, though, with widely variable pricing, that it's hard to know if the quality as all the same.
Pat

Calicojoan said...

Oh, I love the potholder gift packages. What a great idea for a quick gift! You have a very Merry Christmas.

kiwikid said...

Your tiny tree is wonderful, well done on the finish. The kitchen wraps are a great idea for presents. The wool pressing mat is a great idea.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your tiny tree turned out SEW cute, Sharon!! I've never seen that kind of pot holder before. Those to like a great gift!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your tree is cool, your potholder gift is fun and the gift to yourself well deserved. Good job all around lol

Lyndsey said...

Love your tiny tree, it's very cute. The pot holders are a great gift. The wool pressing mat is a perfect gift to yourself.

Kate said...

Love the tree! You've been busy this month. Congrats on the Alphabet quilt, it's fun too. Have a wonderful holiday season. Hope you get to play with more scraps here and there.