Monday, December 9, 2019
I let the white and black strips dictate how many blocks I could make for this project. There are 6 of each pair of color and I have enough color solid to make a piano key border.
Today I hope to get this into a complete flimsy - maybe even sandwiched up for quilting. Since it is a small quilt, it will need a few borders. I can easily match the white for a border and then use up the colorful solids in a border. And I know I have a piece that will work perfect for the back; I'll even use up a cut-off (or might have to piece) of batting - clearing out.
This is a great scrap eater pattern and one that is very easy to math out. I have used it a few times with different measurements. This one was mathed around what size was in that baggy. The w/b strips were already cut 1.5" so the 4-patches finished 2.5". So I made the bricks 2.5" x 4.5" and that was good as many of the solids already had strips (wof) cut that size.
This is going to be a great gifting quilt for our guild drive,