Sunday, December 15, 2019

Monday Making


I remade the 'trunk' block to be a little more shaded and even got the real last block made of the Temecula Quilt Co 'Little Tree' project.  I made my blocks 3.5" unfinished, which means my little tree will be a bit bigger than everyone elses.


Also, I used a constant green for the settings as things were a little 'muddy'.  I want to use up the last of that Osnaburg Linen for the background as well as those few scraps of green.  So today's stitching will be putting this little project to a finish.

  
AND a huge thank you to those who saw that I had the 'Z' wrong in the original photo.  I never saw it, even with it hanging for some time in front of my face.  Luckily a corner block which made for a quick fix.  How horrible would that have been in gifting an Alphabet quilt and the alphabet was wrong!

Because we are expecting some more snow - need a little humor:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Ooooohhhhhh. Now YOU are tempting me with the little tree.so stinkin cute! I guess i have to back away from the internet to stay on track and finish Christmas. Sigh...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed it!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

LOL!! I'll never look at carrot cake the same way again! Cute tree.

Barbara said...

Isn’t it funny how an error can be staring you right in the face? I’ve done that myself a time or two. Your tree turned out great. You’re wise to make it a little larger. I cut the one of the corners off mine. I was able to fix it, but I had to sew very close to the edge of the fabric. Fray check for insurance.

Sherry said...

I love the little tree quilt! So glad you were able to fix the alphabet quilt so easily. Thanks for sharing the humor, have a great week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how your small tree quilt turns out. So far, SEW good, Sharon!!

Cheryll said...

Merry Christmas Sharon...xox

kiwikid said...

Love your little tree, so good the z was picked up. Lo e the cartoon too.