Friday, December 13, 2019
THe Alphabet quilt is a top! I think it took longer to cut the pieces than to actually stitch each block up. I did cut the colorful hand dyed fabrics into squares for a scrap border, but when I laid them out on two sides I really didn't like the look. The pre-cuts and rest of fabrics will get passed on. I will look for something else for the final border on this one.
The next project for our Guild is placematts for Meals on Wheels for their special Easter Dinners. There were a number of pre-printed pillow cut-outs, left over pieces of panels, parts of border print, etc.. from our Guild swap. I pulled all of those and they will be perfect for this project.
BUT first, I need to make the tiny blocks for Temecula Quilt Co's 'Tiny Tree' QAL. I'm calculating that they just came out with the last block today and then assembling tomorrow, so I best get stitchin'! Also, my tiny tree will be a bit larger as I plan to re-math the blocks for bit bigger tiny block.
It's c-o-l-d outside today!!!