Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Scrappy Wednesday


The scrappy, colorful bricks and stones quilt is a flimsy.  This is such a quick quilt to make and as I said before, a pattern that is easy to math out for using different size bricks (rectangles) and stones (4-patches).  This was completely out of that baggy of scraps - I didn't add a single thing to this.  There was probably four 5" squares left over and they are going into the next project.


The next project is in progress.  There was another baggy from the Guild Swap meeting that was filled with hand dyed fabrics.  I am using the Temecula Quilt Co pattern called 'Little Letters' listed on their side bar - Free Patterns.  I have enough of an extra wide backing cut-off for the background (use it up).  


I've made this pattern a couple of times and it is very cute.  There are some tiny cuts and you need to be precise with your 1/4" seam.  I have found that most of the TQC  patterns you need to use that scant 1/4" - just a note.

We went from a few days of warmer temps, but plummeted overnight.  Snow is on the horizon, so I am running a few errands today freeing up a lot of stitching time when that bad stuff rolls in again.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That pattern made a really cute quilt when paired with those scraps you received. The ABC quilt is going to be darling, too!!

Lyndsey said...

Love the quilt top, beautiful use of scraps and colour. I also like the ABC blocks, they are going to become a great quilt. Thanks for the tip about using a scant 1/4" with TQC patterns as I hope to use one in the new year.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Two great quilts. Love them

Nancy J said...

Super letters, they would be so good on the nylon laundry bags I make.

Barbara said...

Well that is just as cute as can be. I love all that color.

gayle said...

Love that bricks and stones quilt! It's amazing what you can get out of a bag of scraps, isn't it?
We had that warm spell, too. I was glad I hadn't bothered to dig my car out from under our big snow - the snow went away by itself and saved me a whole bunch of effort.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt top.