Sunday, December 29, 2019

Monday Making


The black setting Chandelier Beads are put together, but I didn't have enough to use for border treatment.  What little black was left got chopped down into my barrel system.  The idea of these RSC projects are to use up, so I will dig thru my fabrics to see what I can come up with.


So I pulled the RSC19 Sampler blocks out.  I need two more of each the straight and diagonal setting.  Rather than trying to figure out which blocks I missed, I will come up with my own.  I will be using up the last of my Kona white as well with this project.  I used a lot of mixed scrap white and w/w so I can get away with using any white to finish this one off.

I need to order my year's stock of Kona basics for 2020 so if I hold the black setting for 2020 - that works for me.


Because I made a block for the traveling Susan B Anthony quilt, I received an invitation to the 200th Birthday Celebration Dinner in Rochester NY.  I would love to go to this, but such a long drive would require a couple of overnights and I can't leave my Mom alone for that length of time.  I'll frame the invitation and hang with my other certificates and show ribbons.

We are in a freezing rain mixed with snow three day storm, so I will be sewing away.  If the power goes, I have some hand work set aside.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Dorothy said...

Very striking your beads with a black background. I think the 1st one I've seen :-)

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your chandelier quilt.and i even like it without borders.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the chandelier quilt and how you used the constant small white squares.

Julierose said...

Your beads really look lovely against that black..hugs, Julierose

Debbie said...

Your Chandelier Beads quilt is fabulous. Those beautiful colors just pop and dance across the black. Perfect choice!

MissPat said...

I need to lay out my Chandelier Bead blocks to see if I have enough. I didn't make a consistent number of each color (not sure why) so I have to see what size it is and if more are needed. That will have to wait until we return home from FL in late March.
Pat

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the beads. Reminds me of the ones in my house in the 70s. Now I'm in my 70s. 😋😋😋

maggie fellow said...

really great quilt and the sampler isn't even finished at my house

The Joyful Quilter said...

Chandelier Beads on black for the WIN!!! I'm sure you will find something in your stash that will be just right for the border. Framing your Susan B dinner invitation sounds like a good plan to commemorate your participation (since you won't be able to attend.

Farm Quilter said...

Chandelier Beads with no border is fabulous!!! Love it with the black!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The black top looks good. Happy New Year!

Scrapatches said...

some weather here .., the black background looks great in this quilt ... congrats on the Susan B quilt invitation ... may you have a happy quilty new year ... :-) Pat

grammajudyb said...

Looking forward to see our RSC19 blocks up on a design wall/floor/bed! I still have a couple to put setting strips on and then get mine laid out! Good luck with yours!

Kate said...

The Chandelier Quilt turned out beautifully! Hope you survived the storm with power intact and got lots of stitching done.