Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Scraps and More Scraps


Have you been following SARAH'S scrappy progress?  I don't want to get rid of mine, just tame them.  And I normally keep a good handle on them.


BUT with commission deadlines, these new bags of goodies got stashed aside and I am overwhelmed now.  I actually had a huge garbage bag of scraps donated a few day ago, but I let out class ladies go thru it and what was left I gifted on to the church sewing group.  


I need to start sorting these bags and scraps to get into their proper 'stash system' food chain I have.  I will be leaving the large pink bag for later as someone has decided it is a great place to nap today.

I have a few hours this morning to start, then off to visit the grandkids for a bit.  Then I'll tackle some more when I get back (although I may need a little nap first).  

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Charlene S said...

Naps are good!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thank you for donating to the church group, I love it when we get scraps - such beautiful quilts are made.

Jeanna said...

I would love to turn my scraps and bits into something useful. But...just looking at it overwhelms me so I don't even try to begin.

Enjoy your visit with family and your nap :)

Teresa Rawson said...

I just love to see a happy kitty in a bag of scraps! That scrap taming is a big chore (I just finished up a little of that). But you put your scraps to such lovely uses!

Debbie said...

just catching up as I feel better. So good to read of your news.

Needled Mom said...

.......but YOU always do such great things with your scraps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for scraps!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm not sure it's possible to use up all scraps, I've started to cringe whenever I add more to the pile.

Teresa in Music City said...

Ahhhh - there is nothing quite as blissful as a nap on scraps =^..^=

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks like kitty will guard your scraps while your away.

Kate said...

Hope you made lots of progress with your new additions. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of all those bags.