Sunday, August 28, 2016

Let's Book It - August 2016

I hope you are enjoying your dusty old pals from the shelf as much as I am.  Actually I am noticing that I have a lot of 'saved' files of such lovely projects and just keep adding more to those files - nothing being played with.



This was one of those saved files - a cute free pattern with Connecting Threads.  The Welcome and the hearts didn't thrill me, but houses and geese and trees certainly do.

 

August was a busy month with trips, special projects, commission work - so glad I picked a smaller project as I got a late start on this.  I love homespuns for such a piece as this, so that tote had to come out.

 

Yes, one day I just put the pedal to the floor and got this far.  It hung for a couple of days to think on - you know, borders.


Yeah, I decided that bottom row made with the bonus HSTs just wasn't working for me and it went.  More homespuns for a log cabin border finish.  this is ready for quilting.  I have some travel/demo events in September and this one will go with me for some hand quilting time.

This month's charm is the Sail Boat:

                       

It's your turn to share:
   

9 comments:

Barbara said...

'Fraid mine isn't going to get started this month. Busy summer.

Teresa in Music City said...

It's looking so cute Sharon! Good decision with that bottom row of hst's.

Mary said...

I like your version much better.

QuiltShopGal said...

Beautiful quilt. Glad to see such a sweet design get made. Perfect for homespuns too!

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Debbie said...

Yes, this is you and do love your version best. Good project to show how a few changes can make a pattern your own!

Calicojoan said...

I love those crazy charms for the road trip and not seen them around here at all! :-( One of these days...I'm going to dust off those old books and put them to good use too!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like your's better too, especially the borders :)

Northern Deb said...

Very cute! I like what you did with it.

Kate said...

Very cute wall hanging! Hope you found the time to finish the hand quilting.