Friday, August 19, 2016

Pets on Quilts - Pet Theme Catagory



This is my 'Dog Gone Cute' quilt made during the blog hop with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I used some of my deconstructed flannel shirts for my pups.  Kona White for accents and Kona Ash for the back ground.  I used the large block set 2 by 3 for a baby quilt.



I used a CT cotton thread in silver grey for the top and a beige for the back.  Just a free motion wave with my walking foot to quilt it.



I used a paw print ultra fleece for the back and Quilter's Dream ultra-select batt - a nice cuddly finish and it keeps the quilt from sliding off baby and the crib.  The binding is a scrap from stash - black with multi-color paw prints.  It gave a nice little pop of color to frame it all off.

Finished size after a wash and dry:  44.5" x 46.5"

Linking up with  Lily Pad Quilting for the Pets on Quilts Show - Pet Theme Catagory

26 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

I love this quilt Sharon! And anything with ultra-fleece on the back is a winner with me too :*)

Loris said...

This is really sweet! The paw print fleece is a perfect backing for all these cute dog faces.

sunny said...

How cute! Love the backing, and I'm sure the fleece makes it super cozy.

Debbie said...

Too cute...love your fabric choices. So great!

Missy Shay said...

I LOVE THE FLANNEL BACK FOR YOUR CUTE QUILT! Sorry about the all caps!

marciinidaho said...

Such a sweet quilt for a baby whose parents love dogs. So, so cute.

tink's mom said...

The flannel shirts make for such a snugly baby quilt. I've made a couple of different baby quilts using that pattern. Every baby needs a pup of their own.

Joanna said...

Perfect baby/child quilt and a nice way to recycle those shirts. The paw print is perfect, too.

Dana Gaffney said...

I've loved this since you made it, the fabrics are perfect. So where's Bella and Moe.

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh...it's adorable.

Sarah Craig said...

What a great quilt! And a super idea to use deconstructed plaid shirts for the faces - just too cute!!

Needled Mom said...

That is really cute, Sharon. I love that pattern.

Brandy said...

Sharon, I just love the flannel for the dogs, sooo cute!

~Brandy

Maria said...

Such a cute quilt Sharon...

Lesley said...

Such a sweet little quilt. Well done!

Michele T said...

Awwww.... This is a very sweet quilt💕💕💕

works4me said...

Very nice and thoughtful quilt.

Karin said...

That's so cute. Love it

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your dog gone quilt continues to be my favorite as I love that it's made out of old flannel shirts! I also love your color combination...you have my vote!

Heide said...

What a great quilt! Lorna's quilt patterns are super. The flannel makes this extra cuddly!

Kate said...

Very cute pups! Sorry the fur babies didn't cooperate for this year's Pets on Quilts.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Sharon. I love that pattern. xx

Lara B. said...

The subtle colors and flannel are a really beautiful way to do this quilt Sharon!

Susie said...

I really do love this quilt and need to try and make it one day. I will put it on my list with about the twenty others already!!! Hugs, Susie xx

Nancy J said...

Great choice for the backing, and warm and cosy. Cheers, Nancy J.

gpc said...

What a sweet quilt! I really need to make one for one of my Grands. :)