Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cats and Scraps


I took a day to play while someone else took the day to nap.  Actually Moe has a bit of the sniffles, so I just let him be while I worked around him.  Some bags are already cleared out.  I decided there was so much here that I would share - juvenile prints , batiks, holiday, oriental, and things I just don't use were bundled up and will be passed on to others.



And although these bags came from several people, I noticed a color trend going as I sorted - a play date was planned.



Moe still napping, sort of in the bag.  That new tote is getting filled with a number of Marcus and other repros I am finding.  I have plans for those as well.



I was finding some of these as well to go with my other play items.



And another bag out of the way gave room for another furkid to join in the nap-fest.  And Moe is slowly falling out of the bag.



Some of the blocks that got played with while the sorting and bundling and napping went on.



Bella decided the couch was more comfortable for napping and Moe gave up on the bag as it fell apart.  But then I could start sorting that out into my different gifting on piles, my fabric system, or add to my production line.



I filled the repro tote to the point I had trouble closing the lid.  And refilled one bag with all the strings - a quilt to play with further into Fall.



What's left of that table full of bags of scraps.  I just have no more room to sort it down into.  I have a small tote for it and Moe's napping bag will have to be tossed.

My weekend is planned so the scraps have to be picked up - a binding to be done by machine and a binding to be done by hand.  My son is coming to install a new toilet and move some of the heavier furniture so I can start moving into the upstairs sewing center.

**linking up with Oh, Scrap **

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Raewyn said...

Gosh what a great old time you had delving through the scraps - it looks like you achieved lots inspite of the cats draped in, on and around your bags!! It will be even more fun to start some sewing with them!

Sarah said...

Looks like a really productive day. Moe was ever so helpful in busting open that bag of scraps but Bella might have been the smarter of the pair - couch has to be comfier than a slipping pile of scraps.

Lesley said...

Looks like you had a very productive day!

Needled Mom said...

I'd say that you didn't have much help with your busy day!!! lol

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun in your new sewing area.

Dasha said...

What a lovely day. Love playing with fabrics with my Tibby snoozing nearby. I have given her a piece of half finished QAG which never made the grade, and she sit on it on a chair beside the window. Perfect place, safe and she can watch the world go by.

sunny said...

I love playing with scraps! Word is getting out that I like scraps, and all of a sudden my stash is growing. And it's even more fun playing with someone else's scraps.

Dana Gaffney said...

This sounds like so much fun, sorting and discovering is so much nicer than scraps you know about. I'm glad Moe helped so much, to bad his bag ripped you could have folded a quilt into it for him. I hope he feels better soon.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I am still chuckling as I see that kitty SLEEPING on that bag!! Cats have the best personalities!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how quilters' cats are always involved in whatever is going on in the sewing room! Looks like your scrap sorting was very productive!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love sorting scraps gifted from others. There are always treasures to discover! I am looking forward to all the lovely quilts you will make. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Kate said...

Hope Moe is over his sniffles. You made a lot of progress with all those scraps.

Vic in NH said...

I had a ball looking at and laughing with you at the silly kitty antics, thank you! It was reassuring to see that other folks also make wonderful scrap units neatly pressed from the rubble of the scrapbags. You rock!

Carla said...

I love the cats and how you work around them. Used to the same when I had a cat. Now my fur baby barks and she lays at my feet. I need to figure out what to do with all my small scraps that I've collected. I know I won't use them.