Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Something Old, Something New

Never too hot to Stitch!

I have enjoyed Lynne's Something Old, Something New thru the year.  We all like to start something new.  But rather than committing to one of those 'UFO list-let's finish-have to  count it all' things, I used the Old to finish some of those smaller projects that have sat.

  
My Something Old - Finally - the Apples cross stitch is finished.  I gave it another lite washing and stretch/dry, pulled fabrics rather quickly, and it was fabric framed.  I don't know why I let this sit so long - well,,,,, yes I do.  It got folded into some fabric, tucked on the shelf, and forgotten.


My Something New was Sherri's  Monthly Small Project.  These little projects thru the year have been great to add finishes to the Christmas box.  She will be having the Monthly Small Project again in 2015, so you may consider playing along.

Thank you Lynne for hosting this fun event and I will miss it next year.
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Lynne said...

You are most welcome. Thank you for following along so faithfully all year. It's my turn to sit back and join other people's Linky parties in 2015 instead having to make excuses for my own! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon wonderful projects there my friend.xx

JoAnne said...

Both of them are great! Isn't it funny how things have a tendency to get put "away" and forgotten?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sweet little projects! I don't like making UFO lists, but love your idea of just doing something small. Merry Christmas!

Joanna said...

Beautiful apple needlework. It's such a charming image.

Sarah Craig said...

I love the apple needlework! Nice fabric framing too. I can believe you put it away - I was going through some boxes in the attic this week and found four cross-stitch Christmas ornaments that only needed the little wire hanger to be finished! Is that pitiful, or what? Needless to say, they are now finished!

tink's mom said...

The apple stitchery is wonderful. A treasure on so many levels. I'm thinking of joining the small projects sew along. Yours have been great.

Kate said...

The Apples cross stitch turned out beautifully!