Thursday, December 11, 2014

Feline Friday 12/12/14


My furries have been real 'slugs' the last few days.  Seems like all they want to do is cat-nap and any where will do just fine.  Bella likes to be near where I am working and she is into that camoflauge thing as you know.


And as many times as I scold him, Moe for some reason wants to lay on my dish towel on the counter. NO counters SIR!!  I think it is because Bella has been awfully mean to him - we are getting cabin fever already.


We have been more or less trapped inside due to a snow/ice/wind storm since Monday.  I have worked in bits on my December 'Let's Book It' project.  I managed to get half the blue stars done, the center star, and the red hourglass blocks.  I did find my tote of block units, but the hourglass blocks in there were at the largest 2.5" and I needed 4.5".


 Slowly playing with my OMG quilt.  I finished up all the Shoo Fly bocks and was excited that I could pull this together.  BUT, when I counted my 9-patches - a group of 10 blocks is missing.  I have been thru everything.  Strange as this project is worked and put away in this tote every time.  Where did they go?  So I am making more.  I'm snowed in, so how better to use the time.


I am starting to feel like my furry friends - trapped in a snow globe.  It is pretty for just so long.  Today is an escape day for a much needed haircut and a little shopping for a few groceries - before the next storm rolls in.

** linking up with Sarah Did It **

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Dasha said...

Love your little furry friends. Mine spends all her days curled up somewhere warm, rail, hail or shine. No excuse with a snow storm here, now or ever.

Lesley said...

Sorry to hear you are being blasted with bad weather, but I sure do love to see what you have been working on. Your book project blocks look great, and that OMG quilt has such gorgeous units. Can't wait to see these finishes!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

It seems like the weather is getting wilder the past couple of years! Stay warm and safe.

Kate said...

Hope you are able to get out and about today. We don't get snowed in very often down here, it usually doesn't stay cold for very long after a storm.

Barbara said...

Cabin fever all around, it seems.

KatieQ said...

We have an icy snow covering on the ground here. As I get older, I enjoy the idea of snow more than the reality. Poor Moe, getting evicted from his favorite spot on the counter. Our kitty loved the counter too. You could hear her jump down whenever she heard us coming. I hope temperatures warm up and melt some of your snow.
I love the country colors in your December project.

Rebecca in AK said...

I guess both of you kitties have found their favorite place to hibernate for the rest of the winter. Poor Moe did not chose very well. No kitties on the counter! Love the projects you are working on. I am sure those missing blocks will show up. If it were me I would eventually find them when I was looking for something else, and say "How in the world did they end up here!"

Sarah said...

I'm also working on a OMG quilt but yours looks like it's much further along than mine!! Funny how the furkids only hear what they want (nonono, off the counters) but if there are treats to be had they can practically hear them before you think of them! Sorry, you're stuck inside...our storm didn't turn out to be much but it looks like you're making the best use of your time.

Joanna said...

I feel like your furries, too. It's a good thing I have obligations or I wouldn't do a thing but read. Your blocks look so neat and tidy, as well as pretty.

Average Quilter said...

I can't wait to see it finished

Cheryll said...

Yes the ONLY good thing about BAD weather is... sewing time!
Sorry you are stuck inside...

Julie Fukuda said...

Wish I could send you our sunny blue skies. I hope your blocks show up soon. Maybe they are multiplying in some dark corner.