Tuesday, December 30, 2014

NewFO - December 2014

2014 NewFO Challenge

It is the final NewFO and I so thank Barbara for hosting over the years.  I will be sorry to see this disappear, but I will certainly carry on with 'starting something new' - don't we all enjoy that step?


My official NewFO is this 'found' cross stitch kit.  And it has been a great source of 'slowing down' during the hectic month of December.


I usually have each month's NewFO finished, but this is the only time that a project will float on.  I don't want to rush this - enjoying each strand and stitch as the design appears on the cloth.  And it will be lovely to remember fondly of all the past NewFOs over the years - both my own and those linked by others.

Never too hot to Stitch!

I have enjoyed participating in Lynne's monthly challenge and sadly this will be the last, too.  Still that something new will carry on and I certainly have a pile of old that needs finishing.


For my Something Old, I was happy to finish up the 'Apples For Sale' piece.


For my Something New I used my project for the Monthly Small Project - this little table topper in holiday fabrics.

VroomansQuilts


And I finished the wallhanging for my Let's Book It project.


Ta-Da!!  Finally the 'Under the Button Tree' is finished - my last finish for the year 2014.

I worked on blocks for Country Corners, Sew Sweet Simplicity, and my OMG. Also, I made and mailed out blocks to donate toward the Sidney Heroes quilts.

I have been doing some clearing, cleaning, re-arranging, and prepping for projects for the new year.

Happy New Year,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 


19 comments:

Michele said...

Those are great finishes and it will be fun to see what you've got planned for the early part of the new year.

Cherry said...

You've been busy, as usual, Love the cross stitch! Happy New Year!

Dana Gaffney said...

It's sad to see things ending, but I know you'll have plenty to keep you busy. The button tree is adorable and I like that it has the honor of "final finish". I've enjoyed watching your progress on that,

Sandra said...

Always fun to start something new; but so nice to finish off an old work in progress. I like that you do both. Happy New Year.

Wilma Lee said...

An end to some things means time for some new things. I love seeing what you are working on and will watch your blog for new projects. Happy New Years Eve, Sharon.

Barbara said...

Your cross stitch is lovely, and I love your apples for sale piece. It's been fun. Thanks for participating so faithfully.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that cross stich project! I'm sure you will be providing us with lots of great inspiration in 2015 too. Happy New Year.

Teresa in Music City said...

As always you are such an inspiration to me Sharon! Love your Apples for Sale finish - and the Button Tree is too, too sweet!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your button tree... it's beautiful! Great job!

Denise :) said...

Wow, you had a great month of starts *and* finishes! I adore the "Under the Button Tree" -- is precious! Happy New Year, my friend!!! Hugs!! :)

Kate said...

Under the Button Tree turned out beatifully! Love all those little buttons you used. I'm looking forward to playing along with Let's Book It in 2015. Have a happy New Year.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

So enjoy seeing what all you've done this past year; kudos for persistence and tenacity !~! Happy New Year.

Terry said...

Happy New Year! :0)

Christine M said...

Your button tree looks wonderful, Sharon. Happy New Year! xxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

I absolutely love the Apples for Sale piece - so beautiful. And your newest one is going to be gorgeous too. I used to do counted cross stitch all the time but got away from it when I began to quilt. I picked it back up a couple of weeks ago and am kicking myself for getting rid of all my books. I stopped in a junk store today and found an old book with some nice patterns. However, the ones in color don't have the thread codes on them...I'm not the best at picking the right hue but I'm going to try a couple of them. Happy New Year! blessings, marlene

Rebecca in AK said...

So many great finishes! I hope you have a wondeful New Year!

Lynne said...

My problem is I enjoy starting new projects too much! It's time to knuckle down and get some finishing done. At least I have enough UFOs to give me choice! LOL

Vivian said...

I love all the stitching work you've done Sharon! For this year, I'm hoping to dip my hand in that as well although mine will be embroidery or hand quilting. Here's to a Happy Slow Stitching New Year (and linking up with Kathy)!

quiltzyx said...

Congrats on your finishes...and your starts! Those grapes look good enough to eat!