Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Scraptastic Tuesday 12/9/14

With Linky 2nd Tues @ Month

I'm linking up over at SheCanQuilt for the monthly report on how we handle scraps or how we play with them.


Since I finished up the scrappy log cabin blocks, I needed to find another scrap project.  I found some HSTs with cute little bugs and then pulled that bin that holds my brights scraps.  I found some bits of blue juvenile prints and strips of yellow.  I just started mixing and quickly had 20 cute log cabin blocks that will finish at 9".  I will sash them to make a charity quilt for our quilt guild collection in the Spring.


 While I was pulling those blues and yellows, I discovered a lot of pinks.  They quickly became another variety of log cabin block that need trimming - finishing at 16".  Again, these will become a charity quilt for our guild.

I have some left over flannels that I will use for backing on these.  I like flannel on the back of kid's quilts as they are both cuddly and prevent slipping off the bed.  And you don't need batt with them - for a nice summer quilt.


As I work my Oh,My,Gosh blocks (I am using 1.5" bits instead of 1" - so guess it is only an Oh,My), I have my over stuffed snack barrel of 2" square scraps to use as leader/enders that will be 9-patches for another project.  

Please go visit HERE for some scrap inspiration.
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas, thank you for sharing the link too! I also have a post on using up little pieces, it is called The Scrap Basket. Here's a link for more ideas - https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/the-scrap-basket/

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look great and will be wonderful in quilts.

Nicky said...

You look as if you have a system for using your scraps and keep on top of them - something Leanne and I both have to learn! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Unknown said...

Those blocks are great--what a great way to use up scraps and small pieces. I love working with small pieces like 1.5 inch squares.

SewPsyched! said...

I never thought to put HST's into the center of a log cabin. Brilliant!! And the recipient of these lovely quilts will be thrilled!

tink's mom said...

Love what you're doing with those scraps. I'll be boxing up a bunch right after the holidays.

Rebecca in AK said...

You really are good at using your scraps. These will all be great quilts. I have thought about getting the OMG pattern but haven't yet. I like your idea of working with larger pieces.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun scrap projects. You look like you have it organized!

Lynne said...

Thanks for introducing me to a great Linky party. I had already written most of my blog post and it fitted right in!

sewyouquilt2 said...

great scrap projects

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like what you're doing with your scraps, especially the cute little shoo fly block! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Awesome scrap projects. I love log cabins. One of my all time favorite blocks.

Kate said...

Lots of fun scraps made into blocks. You are going to have some fun quilts for the kids.

Heather J said...

I like your scrap projects. You've given me some ideas as to what I can do with mine.