Saturday, December 20, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching 12/21/14

Slow Sunday Stitching

I will be joining Kathy today for some slow stitching.  I have two floors to mop, but that can certainly be mixed in with some relaxing needle and thread action.  And I think a light Opera in the background, too.


Yup, I'm on the other side of the tree!  Just keeping my fingers crossed that I have enough of the Cosmos floss - it's going to be close.  I do have a DMC that matches real close, but really want to keep it all the same.


The grapes  are done and I hope to get that last leaf finished.  I don't plan on working the whole pattern, but enough to fill a circle for a reverse applique finish with this piece.  So once that leaf is done, I can 'math' the pattern for my circle and then do the vine.

With all the hustle of the season, why not take some time today and slow down with us.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon ,wow your stitchery is stunning and love your cross stitch,have fun with those floors,lol.xx

Cheryll said...

Your stitchery looks wonderful so far. Can't wait to see it all done. I've had a slow Sunday here too...relaxing by the pool with family.
Merry Xmas xox

Dana Gaffney said...

Enjoy your Sunday, I'm baking dog biscuits today so other than all of the "help" I'll have, it should be pretty relaxing around here.

Suze said...

All the stitching is beautiful. Isn't it nice to slow down and stitch?

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Such a cute stitchery--hope the Cosmo holds out! Whay does that always happen? I hate buying more when I only need a few inches to get to the end!

Barbara said...

Love that embroidery piece. Very pretty!

Lynne said...

Two very different projects and both lovely.
I plan to slow down after Christmas - this past few days has been Hectic!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Both lovely projects...a nice variety and you are really coming along on them! : )

Merry Christmas ! : )

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Sharon! I'm enjoying some slow stitching today too! I love your redwork!

Sarah said...

Great redwork, lovely cross stitch also!

Kate said...

Both projects look great. Enjoy your slow stitching.

Christine M said...

Looking good Sharon. I hope you have enough thread. It's always frustrating when you run out right near the end.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your redwork is coming along so nicely Sharon! It looks very relaxing and has enough different designs in there to keep you interested to the very end :) And those grapes look good enough to eat!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your redwork. Both projects look great! Happy stitchin'!

Lynette said...

Those grapes are really pretty