Sunday, December 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday 12/22/14


I have been doing more hand stitching of late, but I did want to make sure I got the HashTag blocks done for the Blocks for Sidney.  I cut all my pieces and then chain sewed them all in about 1/2 hr.  When doing these types of charity blocks I always make one for each of my children and one for each of my grands - I would be devistated if I lost any of them.  I sent my blocks on to Julie at Intrepid Thread, who has graciously offered to collect blocks in the US to send on to Joshua.


I've been going thru my totes to get prepped for 2015.  The only project on my December list is my Let's Book It, so I decided it was time to pull those blocks and get them together.  Seems every tote I pulled to  prep - this guy thought I was giving him his own personal bed!  Yeah, he laid on the blocks too - which made for interesting work.


The center did get put together and I really need to finish this one up - the month is just flying by.  Today will be the sashing and then to sandwich it up for quilting.

I will be taking some time away from the blog for Holiday festivities with family - Merry Christmas and Seasonal Blessings.  

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

You weren't making personal beds for Moe to find the most comfortable? I'm sure he's a huge help when it comes to arranging blocks, he gives you a different perspective :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon merry Xmas my friend.xx

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Those hash tag blocks are pretty and look so easy to make, I visited the sponsoring blog. I know they will be appreciated. A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

Carol Swift said...

I think those hash tag blogs are so cute and I can't wait to see the finished project. Kitties find the most comfy spots to plop down in so obviously your blocks are pretty cozy. Merry Christmas to you!

Kate said...

The hash tag blocks are colorful and fun. You made good progress on your book project.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Merry Christmas Sharon!! Give kitty a hug. Love all your blocks.

Kevin the Quilter said...

You do such good work, and what a nice thought you put behind the making of each block! Your Tux Boy looks like he pretty much manages things in your sewing area! LOL

Joanna said...

That's a lovely gesture to make blocks matching your family count, and your blocks look great. Moe is too cute.

Sheila said...

Hard to believe that it's almost Christmas. Love your blocks.
I'm working on a "Let's Book It" project : )

Cheryll said...

Just dropping by to wish you & your family a wonderful Christmas. Have a merry, safe and healthy holiday season.
See you again in 2015... HoHoHo

Lynne said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Merry Christmas Sharon - and may your new year be wonderful! blessings, marlene

Rebecca in AK said...

Such a wonderful idea making quilts for the families of the victims in Australia! Love your book it project this month. A Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Denise :) said...

Every time you share a picture of Moe I fall in love with him -- he's so handsome! I hope you're enjoying a very Merry Christmas, my dear friend!!! :)

Michele said...

I hope your holidays has been wonderful. Enjoy your break.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I like it a LOT; reminds me of the one I just made for my husband. Great minds and all that...

Hope Christmas was fun and New Years is safe for all the Vrooman Family and Friends.