Saturday, December 13, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday 12/14/14

Slow Sunday Stitching

I will be joining  Kathy for another lovely day of slowing down.  I have a couple of projects to enjoy and I hope a little bit of good weather will allow for a bit of a walk outside - even if it is only the sidewalks (our drive gets horribly icy).

  
The Button Tree is getting closer to a finish, but I am in no rush.  I am thinking the stitching will take to the end of the month and then this can go on the Jan 2015 list of to-be-finished.


The same with the Welcome cross stitch.  A project I want to enjoy, not rush.  I can see this being rolled over into January's slow Sundays.

I have been enjoying a much slower month.  Hand work has been very relaxing.  When I hear my machine crying (doesn't yours?) from neglect I work a few blocks.  I know there is a tote of quilts to be quilted, but they can wait - not this month.

I may even break down and play some holiday music today - sometimes I find it annoying, but today it might be the thing I need.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

21 comments:

leanne said...

your button tree looks cute as does the cross stitch - I've decided to start a couple of slow sewing projects next year !

Wilma Lee said...

I'm still working on the very slow barn quilt embroideries I started over a year ago! It will get done sooner or later! Love the button tree.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy ! Both projects are lovely and certainly to be savored slowly :)

Sandra said...

I like both your slow stitching projects; and a little Christmas Music is always nice. Great to take time to just sit and stitch and enjoy.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to have a choice of handwork projects. I just finished my handwork project and need to get another one out.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Love the cross stitch piece your're working on ") Enjoy your slow stitching day.
Merry Christmas*

Ellen said...

Your stitcheries are wonderful. I haven't cross-stitched in years....maybe I should dig some out to work on too.

Sherry said...

I did not know about Slow Sunday Stitching but I have been doing some of that and it has been wonderful. I know that my machine is waiting for a little action and I have BOM blocks to complete but the stitching has been so relaxing. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Cathy said...

Both projects are lovely. I especially like the cross stitch...my husband makes homemade wine from our own grapes!

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy every slow relaxing stitch :)
Such pretty projects!

Teresa in Music City said...

Looks like you are all set for slow stitching for some time to come Sharon :) Enjoy! That cross-stitch is working up very lovely. I played some Christmas music the other night when we put up the tree, and there are songs that I really enjoy and listen to all season long. But when Christmas is over, I'm definitely ready to put them away for another year!

Lesley said...

You have such lovely projects. Enjoy your day!

Deb A said...

Such pretty projects - love the welcome one and will enjoy watching your progress on it next year.

Carol Swift said...

My machine has done a little crying, too, since I'm busy doing the cross stitch thing. Love those grapes!

Christine M said...

Your tree is coming along nicely, Sharon and the grapes look good.

Lynne said...

Looking good!

My slow-down-Sunday involved lunch with friends,some television with WM and doing part of a jigsaw on my iPad. Not a stitch in sight!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your grapes are looking so good Sharon.

Kevin the Quilter said...

It looks as though you are extremely talented with hand stitching! Could you send some cold weather, and snow or ice back this way? The warmer temps here is wreaking havoc on my Christmas spirit!

QuiltSue said...

I love all the Christmas music. I'd play it all year round if I thought I'd get away with it!

Kate said...

You've made a lot of progress on both projects.

Mrs.Pickles said...

both projects look great!! Love the grapes!