Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Preparing for a Busy Weekend


This is the first year that this event will be including a special display of fiber arts.  Local quilters and rug hookers will be demonstrating both days. 

Stacks Image 2651

Also, on Saturday (19th) is the annual 'Airing of the Quilts' and you can take in some of the Quilt Barn Trail, too.  I have my pile of quilts ready to quickly hang before I have to head out to the Antique Show for demonstrating hand quilting.  Our shop will, also, be open.

Civil War Encampment @ Old Stone Fort Museum | Schoharie | New York | United States

There will be a Civil War encampment demonstration at The Old Stone Fort on both days, too.

If you are looking for a fun weekend and close by - a great time for everyone in the family. And the trees are showing a little color!  Weather is suppose to be super all weekend.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a fabulous day.... enjoy!

Needled Mom said...

I wish I lived closer.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a jam packed, fun weekend. Wish I was closer!! Enjoy!

Debbie said...

This sounds like a very neat weekend event and sure wish I could visit! Enjoy and stitch away.

Denise :) said...

Oh Sharon, wish I lived closer and could make the trek -- it sounds like a blast! :)

Christine M said...

Sounds like a great weekend coming up. Have a lovely time.

Lesley said...

Oh I wish I lived closer! What a fabulous weekend planned. Hope everything goes really well for you and the community!

Dana Gaffney said...

I wish I was close by, the airing of the quilts has always made me want to come up there. Have fun, I hope you have great weather.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Have fun!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Have fun!

Kate said...

Looks like you'll have another busy weekend. Have fun!

Sheila said...

Oh my. That sounds like fun! I wish I lived close enough to go.

StasaLynn said...

Sure wish I was close by! Sounds like so much fun and super colorful with the airing of the quilts. And definitely would love to see your hand quilting class! (Try and get a little rest this weekend too!)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've always wanted to see one of those - wish I were closer. :) blessings, marlene