Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Beautiful Mix

Scraptastic Tuesday

I'm a bit late, but the linky is still open for Scraptastic Tuesday and you really need to go look at all the wonderful scrap projects.  I am playing with a beautiful mix of left over FQs, layer cakes, scrap yardage, and odd Charms.


I have been so busy with paperwork, meetings, and schedules that I have fallen behind on Kaaren's Mystery @ The Painted Quilt.  A mix of Barbara Brackman, Howard Marcus, Nancy Rink, Judie Rothermel, Pam Buda, Paula Barnes - and I am sure there are a couple more and I want to get them all documented. 


I'm using the same mix for Barbara's Stars in a Time Warp - so I have to work a bit between the two projects to make sure I get the best use out of all of these lovely fabrics.


There are a lot of borders - after border, after border, after border - and you know how I just LOVE borders.  So I have to push myself on these.  The next border is geese and I have my bricks cut for them, but I am waiting on a fabric order ( I was hoping it would be here yesterday per the tracking) as my scraps just aren't enough for a large backing section. 

I'll just have to catch up on my stars while I wait. Well, I have to put on a binding for my SIL first - then I can play some more with this beautiful mix.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 


11 comments:

gayle said...

Oh, my goodness, there are a lot of borders on that quilt!

Dana Gaffney said...

"after border, after border, after border" LOL. Anytime I read something about borders, I think of you.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

That is a lot of borders but it will look great when complete! Borders are usually where I run into a pause in my quilting projects but once the borders are on they don't wait long to get quilted :)

Karen said...

The house quilt is georgous. I love darker rich fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,wow this quilt is amazing,i love those houses Sharon,well done xx

QuiltSue said...

Just look at all those lovely borders. Considering you don't like borders, you've really stepped out of your comfort zone with this one Sharon. It looks great.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your houses and borders. fun quilt

Kate said...

Such pretty houses all in a row. Borders can be a bear, but they are usually worth it (as I tell myself whenever I get to that stage with one of my quilts).

Rebecca in AK said...

I am loving your house quilt! Beautiful fabrics!

cspoonquilt said...

The houses look great and I love the mix of fabrics! cheers!

Carla said...

I love the house quilt.