Thursday, September 24, 2015

Finding Time


With all my travels, programs, meetings, and prep for the big month - I have been able to find a little time to stitch here and there.  A few Goosey blocks to add to the box.


The pinwheel blocks and................


tree blocks for my Let's Book It project.  I spent all day today trying to find these!!  They had gotten 'folded' into some yardage that got put on the shelf during a clean up.  Geesh!!  I need to get crackin' on this project as the month is really flying by.


I found my blocks for the 'Kevin' scrappy mystery all crumbled on the shelf, too.  They were done, but a mess.  So I pressed those and put everything into a zip bag.  Now if I can find the other parts I had for this - yes, it has gotten that out of control and so not me and the way I work.


And I have been trying to find time to squeeze in my projects for the Halloween Hop coming up next month.  I would make more progress if I could get an orange kitty off the orange fabric!

I am in a real need to find time to have a finish.  Things are in bits, and pieces, and parts, and places.  Our quilt guild is having a Sit-N-Sew on Saturday and I am challanging myself (and any taker uppers) to finish a quilt - from cut to binding.  I need to put the pedal to the metal for a day.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love those goosey blocks and those trees. such a sweet orange kitty too. I too need to step back and organize so that those holiday projects get done. the little sewing elves I ask for each Christmas never show up to help!

Ramona said...

Such fun blocks! I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Carol Swift said...

I wouldn't want to move that sweet kitty off the fabric because he looks too comfy! Looks like you are busy, busy with all those beautiful blocks.

Sandra said...

My project piles overwhelm me too at times. I wish I could keep it all in order. But, there are some days that some quilt projects call out to me more than others. And there never seems to be enough space to put them all into their own space. LOL Love all your different projects and the kitty too!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

A whole quilt in one day? Sounds like fun but I don't think I'd make it. My machinger's quilting gloves are on order and haven't arrived yet. Good luck though, I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Debbie said...

I love viewing your project piles in bits and pieces.....it is so like my stacks on the floor, on the shelf, and the table.....hope you get a long sew in time.

Sherry said...

I am also attending a Sit and Sew on Saturday. My kitty likes to get in the middle of my projects also. She has long gray hair so I can always see where she has been. I hope you have a productive few days and get some projects done.

Sarah said...

Time? What's that? Even with an orange pussycat on your orange fabric you seem to have accomplished quite a bit!

Dana Gaffney said...

You gave me a minute of panic about the Let's Book it, then I realized I'm done and ready, LOL. Tell the orange kitty to find some black or a lovely blue to sleep on, she's beautiful no matter what color it is though.

Karen said...

I understand what you mean about projects in bits and pieces. I really need to get some finishes. I love your trees. They would go great with my house blocks. I hope you have a sew successful day on Saturday.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just make your "orange" kitty part of the Halloween block....she would look good in a quilted costume....:)

Sheila said...

I have bits and pieces scattered around my sewing area. I say I'll stop, then I start more projects. Love your Wild and Goosey blocks. Tree blocks, too. I think I need to make a rainbow tree quilt next year;

Joanna said...

Bella looks beautiful on orange. I'm breathless reading this post, but the blocks you made are all beautiful. I love the red/aqua and trees.

Kate said...

You got in a few good moments. All your blocks look great.

Kris said...

Your blocks are all so fun, Sharon!! And I am so happy that I am not the only one that starts a project, and then it ends up someplace all wrinkled just so I can spend some extra time to press out all the wrinkles!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love those scrappy goosey blocks!