Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tetris Fun


I didn't participate in the charm swap for this, but I have so much fabric to play with and this is one of my favorite games!  I am using 2.5" squares instead of the 5" charms.  You still have time to join in; rules and basic instructions can be found here at Happy Quilting with Melissa.



The first block was July 17 - found HERE.  I printed the grid provided by Melissa, colored in my 'playing pieces', and then I used the 'web or 'mesh' method to sew my little blocks together.  Tutorial found HERE  on my Bingo Card instructions.  I did change around my red and green play pieces - better distribution of color. 

Hope you join in on a fun new concept - can't wait for the next block,

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Belinda said...

Well that's pretty cool. :)

Char said...

Ooo, I like that!

Christine M said...

Your block looks good Sharon. I remember playing tetris years ago. It was quite addictive!

Melissa Corry said...

You are so speedy Sharon!!! Your block looks awesome!! It is so fun to see how different everyone's block is turning out :)

Sheila said...

Looks like a fun method Sharon :-)

Lesley said...

I've never ever played Tetris, but you make it look like fun! Great block and I bet you had fun making it!

Shannon said...

What a great idea of using 2.5" squares. I love your layout. I got mine done also. I was so excited to start.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your block is looking great Sharon! I hesitated about joining in the fun but finally decided I can't add anything else right now. I'll just have to enjoy watching yours come to life :*)

Sheila said...

Looks good Sharon. You looked like you were having so much fun, I decided I had to play Tetris too.

KatieQ said...

I love the way you block looks. I haven't made mine yet, but I am also going to use 2.5 squares.

Julie said...

Fun! I love the smaller squares. That was a great idea.

Denise :) said...

I always loved Tetris! What a fun premise for a QAL!! :)

Denise :) said...

Oh Sharon, love this! That last one is my favorite...i think the dimensional embellishment makes it for me! Definitely saving this one -- thank you!!! :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

I really like the idea of this 'along' and look forward to seeing yours play out.