Sunday, July 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday



A dear friend gifted me Bonnie Hunter's lovely book 'Shirttails' and I immediately fell in love with this pattern.  Also. an overflowing box of my two sons' shirts just needed taming.  This is going to make a great man's quilt.  Then I noticed my 'two inch' barrel (snack container) was really getting full again and thought I better get some more blocks stitched up for a postage stamp in the works.  Boy that looks good on the cheddar; now I'm thinking sahing!

Please take the time to see what everyone is playing with over at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and get some great inspiration




This was my sneak peek for the 'Monthly Doll Quilt Swap' group - a  swap mate tease as I know she follows my blog.  This month's theme was 'Patriotic'.  The group is always accepting members - button on the side bar - check it out.  I have been really enjoying this group. 

I already have my materials pulled, and a sketched plan for the next month's theme 'Sunny & Warm' as I am using the Color Challenge and the Dresdan Challenge with this, also.  Maybe even the FMQ Challenge will get added too. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

18 comments:

Lesley said...

Your shirt tale quilt blocks are wonderful! What a smart idea! Our ancestors would be proud...no waste! And your patriotic doll and quilt are fabulous...I am so in awe that you finish one a month! Such a happy group of doll quilt swappers you must be!

QuiltSue said...

Your shirt blocks are going to look great. As you say, this will be a wonderful quilt for a man.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful idea Sharon to use shirts,well done.xx

Sheila said...

The shirt tale quilt is a great idea and your blocks are great . The doll quilt is adorable as is the doll .

Denise :) said...

The doll quilt and the dear little dolly that goes with it are just precious! I'm sure your swap partner will be thrilled!! :)

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, I need to get into my stack of old shirts, too - so many quilts, so little time!!

beth said...

Loving your new blocks!!! Shirts make GREAT quilts!

Pattilou said...

Isn't it funny how our ideas for quilts evolve from what's on hand. This quilt is going to be great!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love what you've done with your shirts and 2-inchies. I have that book also; there are some great patterns in there!

John'aLee said...

Your blocks are great! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Needled Mom said...

The doll is darling and the blocks are wonderful. I think sashing in the same color as the background would be fantastic!

Sparky said...

Ok your dolls are touching my heart and soul...my nan used to make me dolls to match my dresses... Yours remind me of her...tender sweet..

Now your shirt quilt is it only made from real shirts? Only

Quilter Kathy said...

Your plaid projects look amazing! Love 'em!

Sheila said...

Such GREAT GUY quilts. Perfect. I hope to see Bonnie Hunter speak and do a trunk show in December. That will be a treat.
Another sweet baby doll and baby doll quilt :)

Joanna said...

What a sweet doll and cover. I also have Bonnie's book but haven't followed a pattern yet. Now I'm inspired.

Lindi said...

Love your ideas! L

Michele said...

Ah I see you've caught Bonnie's cheddar addiction. I'm sure it will look wonderful. The doll is perfect too.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I just pulled up that particular block to attempt to do as an itty bitty mini. It is nice to see what it looks like. I love that you find a use for everything!