Friday, July 6, 2012

Dolls and Santa



I gave this sneak peek on the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap group site.  Our July theme was 'Patriotic'.  I was certainly in the mood while making blocks for the R/W/B Blog Hop.



This was the quilt and dolly I sent to my swap mate Kim.  1.5" squares for the red/white/lites tile center - simple cross hatch quilting.  And a blue/white 'bars' border with  corner 9-patches stitched in the ditch.



Here they are residing at Kim's home - love that white wicker and bead board setting for them.



And I used this cute 'gardian angels' fabric for the back.  Every little girl and her dolly needs an Angel to watch over them.

The Monthly Doll Quilt Swap group is open to new members and you can feel free to 'sit-out' if  a month is too busy.  I have so enjoyed this group and all the lovely quilts I have received.
**linking up to Sarah's WHOOP WHOOP **



And this lovely package arrived the other day.  My Santa Sack from my swap mate Debbie.  Just the most gorgeous bag and amazed at the tied bow - I can't tie a bow.  One of the gifts was to be opened 'now' - which held a replaceable tie of the most wonderful patriotic fabric and the left over fabric.  A little snowman bag of mints and my two gifties - that have been shook.  I can see this lovely bag used a lot and love the idea that the tie can be changed for the season.  BUT for now , it will hang waiting for each month's packages to arrive - and having everyone green with envy.

REMINDERS

See that cute Reindeer Button on the side bar?  Well, with all the Christmas in July events (also inspiration on those other buttons) and a peek at a doll quilt - consider Debbie's Mrs. Claus doll quilt charity.  I know I have it marked on my calendar for a side project TO-DO when the next Christmas Quilt Along (July 14th) comes up.

Temecula Quilt Company is starting a new Summer Star sew along - new button added.  Little star blocks with a new 'center' each Friday - July-August.

Crafter's Campfire is fast approaching.  Saturday, July 21st - a day of sharing your camp craft, recipes, games and fun.  There will be a linky party - remember, those that link up that day are entered for the Bearenstain Bears layer cake give away.  I will be posting, but also blog hopping, too.
If you aren't sure what this is - check out my last year's Crafter's Campfire post HERE.

ALSO - if you haven't heard of the MalWare Monday shutdown threat see HERE - just a local blip, but I am sure you can find more information on-line.  If you haven't updated your security or run your virus program - do it now.

CLOSING THOUGHT

"An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh."
- Will Rogers 
I don't know - kid's spitting watermelon seeds fills the yard with giggles, watching the neighbor try to load his 400+ pound pumkin in the back of the pickup to enter the largest pumkin contest made us laugh, and watching the reaction and faces of a baby eating his(her) first tomato can really give you a hoot! 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon  

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon how cute is that dolly that you made and she looks so good sitting next to the gorgeous mini quilt,well done.Oh love the santa bag you got from your partner so nice.xx

Grammasheri said...

Wow Sharon! The doll and quilt are both quite wonderful! You make such lovely things. You will have to take pics for us as the santa bag fills up.

Wilma Lee said...

Sharon, I just bought some cross stitch fabric (I totally went brain dead for the name of it, lol) to use for small labels. Was wondering how you attach yours to the quilt. Love your staff, as always.

Joanna said...

Look forward to seeing the doll you make next week. That is a lovely bag you received.

Sheila said...

The doll quilt and doll are sweet and so very patriotic :-) Your santa sack is really special and I love the fact you change the tie when the feeling hits you .Fun stuff :-)

Unknown said...

That doll is gorgeous and her quilt is, too. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing.

Denise :) said...

That doll quilt was *so* cute! I'm really looking forward to the Crafter's Campfire!! I'm so glad it's happening before I leave for vacation, too! Whoohoo!!! And thanks for the nudge ... I grabbed the Pets on Quilts button too!! Have a most happy Saturday, Sharon! :)

Needled Mom said...

The doll and the quilt are just darling. They do look right at home where she has them placed. Nice job!

sandra said...

That quilt is so cute but I just love the doll. That is something I have never made and all the little details on it are so adorable. You are a very busy talented lady. Hugs and blessings Sandra

Snoodles said...

How inventive to make the Santa sack usable for other seasons! Love it!
Heehee! I love your closing too, so true!

Quiet Quilter said...

Nice display for the doll and the quilt. Lucky Kim!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Your doll quilt is SO cute!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Love that doll and quilt! It makes me think I need to make one for Lilli....... Whoop whoop!!

Kim said...

My little dolly and quilt you sent are just so happy here in my home :0).
thank you Sharon for such a lovely little quilt.
I do hope you received mine by now :0).

Happy sewing

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh how sweet! Love her and love that quilt!

Michele said...

The doll and doll quilt are cute, cute, cute.