Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


My first week's work on the new temperature quilt project.  I am using the noon temp read as we have a huge change from morning to dusk.  AND we have been rather stormy most days and rather cool at night (makes for good sleep weather though).  Starting with Summer Solstice, days' temps were 75, 77, 82, 74,76,72,66 - six of the seven days were rain!


Of course I will be doing the center of the next week temp rosette, but my primary project for the day will be to make foursies with my plaid patches.  Ha - one pile is headed the wrong way which means I have to keep my witts about me in making sure these cuties all head they same direction - simple sewing, but with some care.  Kind of like taking the country road for a leasurely drive, but you have to watch for the deer!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those hexies are so lovely, and rain, down here we have had cold nights, frosty mornings, so goodness knows what colours I would use for that? Maybe white for the frost!!

Dana Gaffney said...

The hexies are pretty, I'm glad you went with noon since those colors work so well. It sounds like you could almost pick what colors you want to work with since you've had so much change, it could have been really wild looking.

Sarah said...

At first I forgot that your colors aren't quite aligned with mine - I was thinking your greens were my greens which is the 50s. I'm glad to hear you aren't shivering in the 50s but were similar to our temps. You've off to a fantastic start!!!

Suze said...

I love hexies and haven't touched mine in over two years - time to get back to them. We are in the process of reorging the house. I combining my sewing room with my bedroom so my 4 year old granddaughter can have my bedroom. That way, she and her dad will each have a room of their own. Her 11 year old brother will still have his room accented by sewing "notions." When I started collecting all this stash, I mean treasures, it was just my husband and I who lived here. Now that he is deceased, I started filling every nook and cranny with quilting supplies. Now, with the great sounds of laughter of 3 children in the house again (ranging from 4 to 40), it's time to adapt not downsize. It's doing to be a trick to make this work, and somehow it will. We are excited that she got accepted to Pre-K at the school that my children attended. It's from 7:30 - 2:30 most days, so I'll have a rest. It's only about 2 miles from the house. We have to transport her. I can take some handwork for time I am waiting in the afternoon. Dada says he will take and pick her up everyday except Monday which doesn't fit his work schedule. I'll believe it when I see it. I love your little blocks, too. I started a leader/ender project of bowtie blocks and I found it to be confusing to me to remember to do the interim project. I lost focus easily which surprised me because my mind wanders all the time. Great job and more eye candy!

Needled Mom said...

Love the temperature hexies.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Like your analogy of a country stroll...but yes, watch out for deer. That made me laugh. Thanks for that;)

Sheila said...

What a neat way to keep track of the weather which always seems to be changing so much these days .