Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Itty Bitty Blocks


I have been trying to put the blinders on to all the QALs (but you enjoy them - lots of buttons on the sidebar), but I love to make little blocks.  So now that I have 6 flimsies waiting for quilting, I want to move on to some fun.  Yes, tiny is fun for me and it will give me a break in the quilting.


I didn't see where there was a page for these, so you may want to follow or subscribe to the QuiltMaker site so you receive e-mails, plus their site has a lot of great stuff.  OR you can use their search box.

BOW TIES PAGE

BASKETS PAGE 

I plan to math all the blocks for a 4" finished size and tie them in with the RSC15.


Plus I have way too many 'strings' and I'm not in the mood to make string blocks.  These little blocks don't take a lot of fabric so these will work perfect for this project.  AND it will help fill the time with all the snow days it looks like we will be having for the next few weeks.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

18 comments:

Cheryll said...

Like I said... at least there is a benefit from ALL that snow. Stay safe... & keep on sewing. xox

Pauline G said...

Hope you are safe and warm - and love your bitty blocks - they are so sweet!

Lyndsey said...

I love little blocks too. The look so pretty made up and use up lots of little scraps. Stay warm, safe and sew happy.

Dana Gaffney said...

Little bitty blocks, so perfect for you, I like the idea of using your strings, I have way to many and have put off making a string quilt, now I'll be looking at them differently.

Karen said...

I like your itty bitty blocks. They are fun to make. I have made some bow ties but I haven't made any of the baskets yet.

Calicojoan said...

Oh, I need those blinders myself. It's a sickness I tell you! LOL!! These bitty blocks are sure fun though!

Needled Mom said...

Those are sooo cute. I love the colors too.

Sheila said...

Love your cute little blocks. Perfect points. My little blocks often turn our wonky with cheated points.
This year is less stressful since I cut back on QALs. I adopted your "Keep It Simple" 2015 goal and I feel so much better. Those QALs temp me, but I'm resisting. I do like to read and know about them. So far, I'm staying focused on stash and scrap organization.
Wicked cold here for us. Not used to these single digit temps. Thankfully not as cold and extreme as where you live. Stay warm and safe, dear.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What sweet little blocks! I love making mini's too~ but I have not fallen for the sew alongs.... um, yet. ;-) LOL

Lesley said...

Love your tiny blocks, especially the baskets!

Kate said...

Very cute little blocks. Enjoy playing with something new.

Scrappy quilter said...

I too love your blocks especially the bowties.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Every once in a while I enjoy little blocks. Great way to use your strings! Have fun and stay safe.

KimM said...

What sweet little blocks. Stay WARM! We're still in the freezer here….
xxx

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic blocks! Great idea to make them the same size.
We are struggling with winter here too :(

Kevin the Quilter said...

I love working with small blocks too! My favorites are tiny 4 patches.

Teresa in Music City said...

I really wanted to join in on this too Sharon - love me some tiny blocks too!!! But I had to draw the line as I'm already too busy. I'm working hard on getting my schedule to the point where I can just play and not have so many obligations and deadlines. I will totally enjoy seeing your little blocks come to life!

Teresa in Music City said...

I really wanted to join in on this too Sharon - love me some tiny blocks too!!! But I had to draw the line as I'm already too busy. I'm working hard on getting my schedule to the point where I can just play and not have so many obligations and deadlines. I will totally enjoy seeing your little blocks come to life!