Monday, February 16, 2015

I Blew In


Thank you all for your lovely comments and thoughts while we here in the NorEast have been in another storm front.  We had heavy winds right up til this evening, so after catching up on blog reads, e-mail, comments - I am finally here.  Boy, want to get a lot done - step away from the computer.  I decided it was time to start playing with my Let's Book It project.  I am not totally fond of this technique and I will struggle thru it.  BUT, we don't know what we can and cannot do unless we try - and this will evolve.


I pieced up the cross-stitch so now I have to think on how I want to quilt this one.  That's not a Batik, it was all I had left so the selvedge is gone, but I think it is an older Ro Gregg line - something to do with Arizona and the deserts I believe.  But it is used up along with 3 other fabrics in this - yup, all scraps.


That pile of pink blocks got put into a flimsy and I pieced the back.  We have another storm/snow coming later in the week so this one will get quilted then.


My first Sweet16 is now a flimsy.  I have to see what I have for backing.  All my wide cuts just don't work with this, so I will be piecing a back again. 


I did get some quilting time in too.  That  little baggy of scraps that turned into log cabins is now finished.  Just a simple stitch in the ditch, but done. And another project that finished up completely with scraps - even the back and batt.


And the other scrappy log cabin baby quilt for my guild charity drive - done.


I had just enough of this Banana Yellow double fleece from a previous quilt to back this.  My go to serpentine with this fabric and it quilts up really fast.

And a little bit of brag time


With some mom's help, this guy designed and stitched up his first sewing project.  And I hear he is hooked now............


because he had to make a second one.  Well done buddy!!  Oh, that minnion in the back - just want to squish him. 


And mom got some machine time in too.  I love the little bear fabric in this!

See what happens when we'z get'z snow'z in - we'z get'z buz'y!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

25 comments:

Christine M said...

Looks like you may have someone who will start raiding your stash, Sharon! What a great job he did.

beth s said...

I loved the quilts you've made and THEN I saw the little pillow and THEN I saw your Mom's quilt. WOW! Your house has been busy and I LOVE what you're doing! ;)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

It is really something what we can get done in a snow storm. You poor guys are really getting hit. You brag all you want! Look at the smile on his face! What a cutie-pie! He did a great job!

StasaLynn said...

Wow! Snow days at your place are super fun! LOVE his design. He did a wonderful job on both his pillows. And your flimsies and quilts are beautiful as always. I love how you use up all of your scraps. Well done!

Cheryll said...

Snow storms do have a bright side then... Stitching hours!
Stay safe inside, warm and continue to create...xox

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I can't think of a better way to spend some snowy, cold days! Love your little minion helpers. Yes, brag all you want. That smile on his face is worth a million brags. :)
Sending warm wishes and sunshine your way.

Dana Gaffney said...

It's wonderful to see him enjoying sewing and such a cute idea to make something he'll enjoy and be proud of. How in the world did she find time to sew something herself?

Debbie said...

wow....he is too cute. Sounds like you were busy, and having fun and enjoying the time with kids, too. Glad your weekend was productive and the storm passed by. another round to go!

JoAnne said...

What a variety of quilts and I agree--if I was snowed in, I would spend it quilting, too. My nine year old neice was over yesterday as there was no school (scheduled, not a snow day) and she finally was able to learn to sew on my machine. She made a small quilt which I will be blogging about soon. Your grandson's projects are adorable!!!

Barbara said...

Well, you certainly got a lot done in all that cold windy weather. Your grands are adorable.

Cathy said...

I just love all the scrappy goodness you have got going on!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Needled Mom said...

I think we need a few stormy days here if so much gets accomplished. Love that big grin!!!! He looks so pleased with his work.

The Sweet 16 is wonderful. That makes such a great scrap quilt.

KatieQ said...

I love the big grin on the little guy. Your daughter came up with a cute project for him. I really like the asymmetrical flying geese in the Native American quilt. That's going to be a stunning quilt.

Karen said...

I am glad you made it through the snow storms. You got lots of pretty projects finished. I bet you had a great time with your little one. Lucky you. Stay warm.

Sheila said...

That snowstorm produced an amazing amount of sewing , wow is all I can say , you blow me away , I simple don't have that much energy ;-) great work as usual and those grandchildren are adorable .

Sarah said...

Looks like you were QUITE productive. We are due for more windchill problems for the rest of the week but I'm not sure about more snow accumulation. I'm not sure which I would prefer if I really needed to pick just one...

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Sharon you have been busy. Glad you are defrosting a bit. I enjoy looking through your last few posts. Boy! You've been a busy lady!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your grandson's critter pillows are great!

Suze said...

It is wonderful to see a young man hooked on sewing. He did amazingly well - oh my! Must be in the genes!!! All the quilts are fabulous. I just had one snow day today and accomplished nothing in the quilting realm. It was spent on the phone gathering much needed information. Thanks for sharing the works of the generations.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow you've done some amazing work. And that little man....a quilter in the making!

Kate said...

You certainly did get busy! Great way to use up all those scraps. Hope the next storm doesn't drop as much snow as the last. The Northeast is really getting beat up.

Sarah Craig said...

You've done great with your snow time! Love all the quilts, but especially your Sweet Sixteen - great design. And your little guy is just too cute!!

Michele said...

You sure have gotten a lot accomplished lately. Good for you.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! I think you even outdid yourself Sharon!!! Love everything you've posted here! Especially love what you are doing with the cross stitch piece - very inspired setting and fabrics! And those little guys - adorable and talented!!! If the little minion needs more squeezing, you can just send him my way for a little while :*) Hope the coming storms are gentle on you all!

Sandra said...

I really like the one with the cross stitch in the center. You did so great on piecing all around it and turning it into a quilt. I love it. I love all your work...