Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Baby Quilt

Thank you to the ingenious Amy of AmysCreativeSide for organizing the Blogger's Quilt Festival for those of us who cannot attend the Quilt Markets. A great place to view inspiration around the world right in our own home. Please be sure to check out the sponsors, rules, and entries.

 
 
 
This is a baby quilt I made using a Moda 'Berenstain Bears' Jelly Roll.  I knew immediately what pattern I wanted to use - Awesome-lap-quilt   - over at Moda Bake Shop.  Wonderful mix of prints, polka dots, and bright colors.
 
 
 
 
I used a Blank Quilting blendable fabric 'Splash' for the backing and Sulky blendable thread 'Sapphire' with a simple straight line quilting for texture. 
 
 
 
This is a quilt that will grow with baby to be enjoyed for many years.
 


Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
 
Finished quilt measures : 42" x 56"
Techniques used : strip piecing, machine piecing, texture line quilting
Quilted by : Self on home machine
Best Category : Baby Quilt
 
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon



19 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a cute baby quilt Sharon! Thanks for sharing.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Sharon, this is so pretty! I love the colors and the pattern too!

Pattilou said...

Cute photograph for a very cute quilt. I've got that pattern out myself to use on a jelly roll, but I've used parts of it and am wondering if I have enough. I hope I can extend the jelly roll with some matching solids to make this work. It is a great small quilt.

CitricSugar said...

Okay, that's adorable!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sweet!

Sheila said...

I love this one. The Moda Bakeshop pattern. The fabric was perfect for this one. Another good entry.

Janet said...

Very cute and lots of bright colours. Perfect for a baby, soon to be toddler.

Belinda said...

Oooh that turned out great!!!

Anonymous said...

such a gorgeous quilt Sharon,well done.xx

Dolly said...

I LIKE your quilt !

So pretty and bright.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Love it. I have the perfect jelly roll for it. I got the fabric for my grandson. I still haven't decided what to do with it. Now I know. Thanks for the inspiration!

Quilting Babcia said...

Great baby/toddler quilt! I just love the larger quilts that grow with baby, that they can use for several years. This one is so cheerful - great job!

QuiltSue said...

That's very cute, and as you say, the fabric is great and will last beyond baby times well into childhood.

Michele said...

A great pattern that turned into a great quilt. Nicely done.

hafza said...

Love your quilt...very cute!!

Char said...

Cute baby quilt Sharon.

Shannon said...

What a cute fun quilt. I like the staggering blocks and rows. Great job!!

Deb said...

Such great colours for a baby quilt...so bright and cheerful

Denise :) said...

Sharon!! I love the colors and prints in this -- what a happy, fun, and lovely quilt!!